Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Rossi making the right move? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

It's looking very likely that Rossi is on the way back to Yamaha. Is he making the right move?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

true

...........unless theyve proven before that they can achieve results in the dry

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

bloodbubble, I'm sorry mate, but the only person deluded here is, yes you've guessed it, Rossi!! The sooner he goes the better! And "parris", Ducati are, in my opinion only trying to be diplomatic, they don't want Rossi to stay, what for?? Anyway they know he is going already!! Why else would they have kept Hayden on?? Rossi has done nothing on the Desmo other than try to change it into a M1 and now that we've all seen that it doesn't work he's decided to, yes, you've guessed it, return to the M1!! haha. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Eddy - "Rossi has single handed managed to achieve absolutely nothing with the Desmo".

Not strictly true that is it Eddy?  Rossi acheived fuck all (I agree), but by the same token Hayden acheived fuck all, Melandri acheived fuck all, RdP acheived fuck all albeit it on a satelite Duke, and Capirex acheived 9/10th of bugger all on it come the 800cc era. 

A more accurate comment would be "Stoner has single-handedly managed to acheive loads on the Desmo".

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

ChrisSYD - "He has turned the race wining ducati into a shitpig that no one can ride"

Instead of a shitpig that only one person can ride?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

owo1fog - "s milkys saying you retard, anyone can say it, he is just using the same term, viva la full of shit, i cannnoottttaagggoanyyyffffassssttttersssssss, shit the bed, change the fucking record and bugger off to world supers where you ass will be handed to you, oh i forgot it happenning right here in your series, retire with your head down before you ruin your career even worse when cal on your old duke whoops you ass. homo sucking jarvis anal ass sucker. money talks, yes but bullshit certainly rides."

Are you related to motoking?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

I know it's worth fuck all, but my view is that, at this stage in his career, Rossi should make the move to Yamaha.  He will instantly have a competitive and consistent ride (no Uccio comments please) which will hopefully give him the ability to run up at the sharp end.  It would be nice to see him help to make the Duke a consistent podium challenger for more riders that just #27, but I'm not convinced that will happen in the next 18 months.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Looks like Shit Pigs Don't Fly

FYI....the rider that won Ducati's World Championship in 2007 created the SHITPIG. In 2010 the shitpig scared him so bad that by the 3rd race in the 2010 calendar he quit the shitty pig. The ass ended up in 4th place at the end of the season.

The builders of the SHITPIG had already built 2011 bike. Rossi was stuck with it even though he fought for them to change it. Today the SHITPIG lives on because Elvis Presley do not have a clue about anything. Enter
Masao Furusawa ....... a little too late perhaps.

VIVA LA SHITPIGS !!!!!!! spawned from the mind of the shitting boy aka. LACTOSE  MAN!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

If only Elvis listen and took action like Masao Furusawa

They would have a bike to win with instead of shit pigs.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/78-road-racing/104759-masao-furusawa-talks-about-yamaha-rossi-motogp-ducati.html

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Wham bars and ChrisSTD

Been a while since I read such insightful and educated posts.  Hope others can learn from your wisdom and in particular your choice of verbage.  On a separate (but more important) note I'm assuming there is no age limit for the sunshine club in your area?

Reply to this Topic
WideEyedFox

Dec 10

WideEyedFox says:

Ducati don't want him to leave as losing 2 top riders in 3 years (Stoner + Rossi) makes them look bad and is bad for sponsorship, and Yamaha may not actually want Rossi himself when they could potentially get Dovi for less money. Rossi does bring strong marketing and sponsors however, which they may struggle to find if they chose Dovi, however Rossi won't be in MotoGP forever and teams need to start finding their own sponsors.

However, at Valencia Carmelo Ezpeleta said “I’m calm. Valentino next year will be on competitive bike, but I can’t tell you which. It’s too early to talk about it, but in 2013 we’ll see Rossi fighting again for wins“. This may be more political than Rossi or the teams themselves actually want.

With Stoner retiring, MotoGP needs another strong rider up front to keep things interesting. While Rossi's clock is ticking at Ducati, the Dorna clock is ticking for MotoGP to get viewers, sponsorship money and more bikes on the grid.

I don't think Rossi's move is good for Ducati (if they can make the bike competitive) or Yamaha (who could have Cal or Dovi) - but it is for MotoGP / Dorna.

I hope Volkswagen AG / Audi can bring some real world engineering in to Ducati and make it competitive for 2013. VAG also own 19.9% of Suzuki Motor Corporation which is another manufacturer I look forward to seeing on the grid. As much as I like Yamaha and Honda, it's getting a bit dull with only 2 manufacturers guaranteed places on the podium each race.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle