Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Rossi making the right move? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Rossi making the right move?

It's looking very likely that Rossi is on the way back to Yamaha. Is he making the right move?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aced77

Jun 12

aced77 says:

It's got to be better...

I think for Rossi this has to be a good move, both he and Hayden are not able to challenge for the minor positions yet alone the win on the Duke, at least on the Yamaha he will be a contender, he may struggle to find his way at first but I think eventually he will start winning again, another championship may prove a bridge too far, but I can definately see him winning a few races on the factory Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

DARMHA

Take a look at the 2007 race that someone posted on here, the Ducati wasn't fast in a straight line, but Rossi was pissing Stoner on the corners. If you put the 1000cc engine in that Ducati, it would be even worse than it is now. The Ducati has improved, but the thing is, the Japs have improved even more.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

My previous comment was meant to say the Ducati WAS fast in a straight line.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

nostro

casey effectively only won one cahmpionship. Who was he racing against in 2007? Muppet Flossy on a super class yamaha and pedro on a honda. easy peasy. no competition, to be discounted from total championships count.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ducati in 2007 caught everyone by surprise I knew from the first race in that year when Stoner ripped Rossi on the big Losail straight Ducati is a beast plus they had those Bridgestone tyres and Michelin getting caught out by the new tyre regulations.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

i think that Ducati have had long enough to sort the bike, no one can ride a bike that just crashes if you hit the brakes in a straight line, the bike looks like it's still at the point of "how long you can stay on it before crashing". i'd love him to stay at Ducati/Audi and for them to sort it, but it might never happen.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Ducati's development

To further cast doubt on Ducati's development stratagy, I see that Honda are bringing out another heavily modded bike to test in Aragon and this is only a few weeks after Dani was riding a totally revamped model at Laguna. No wonder Rossi is pissed off!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

I voted No..

It's pure "quitting" to me.

While a little more powere wouldn't hurt, the bike needs/needed sorting, not the constant re-invention that Rossi asked for and got. What can you accomplish if you keep on starting out at ground zero every month. Just because he and Nicky can't get it to go fast doesn't mean it's shite,, and Nicky has shown signs of respectable speed.  You can forget about the Rossi throw-aways that Barbera and Abraham got stuck with,, Even Franco "the over the hill" test rider couldn't get out of his own way on Abraham's POS. Bob is right,, Stoner went like stink on that bike for a few years, so the angle of the engine being the problem is pure BS. Bring back the full Carbon version and get a real crew to turn the screws, not a "I only know Japanese bikes" crew. News flash: It's not an M1, it never will be an M1, and it doesn't need to be an M1.

I've proudly displayed the 46 yellow flag in my garage for years, but if he goes back to Yamaha, it's coming down. Dovi and Cal deserve that seat more than Rossi. I really want VR to finsh what he started at team red and get the proper help to turn the Duc into a contender.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I just wrote a huge reply only for this dumb site to ask me to log in AGAIN and lose what I had written. The very reason I left here ages ago. Seems Ducati may well be in charge of this web site too!!

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Rossi to Yamaha

Would be a shame to see him quit Ducati without achieving his goals,but we only ,maybe have 2 or 3 years left of the GOAT and I am interested to see what happens if he does return to Yamaha,the bike may have changed so much that he finds he has the same problem !!!!!!! Then he has NO excuse.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices