Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

New 600cc sportsbike sales have fallen through the floor. What would make you fall in love them again? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well like every other category of bike at the moment A few completely new Bikes would be nice. Take the latest Triumph off roader for example, new bike lots, of sales. The 600cc offerings have been around for ages with only minor updates Witness the GSXR600RR, Nothing really "ground breaking" for 10 years. Honda CBR600RR around 8 years, Yamaha R6, Triumph 675, Kawasaki ZXR600R, ect. How about a BMW S600rr or a Honda VFR600RR or a Totally Ground breaking Suzuki RG600RR.? Any new Bike would probably Excite enough people to part with their "hard earned" Hard times dictate sales. My big fear is that the" Golden age of Bikes" has Gone and will be replaced with cheap copies from China or "Exotic Playthings" for the rich. What are the chances of a generation 3 Suzuki Hayabusa? Slim to none at all I fear.

Reply to this Topic
SensibleSteve

Feb 10

A 600 I could fall in love with?

Would it be churlish to ask for more torque, more power and more comfortable ergos. Ah .. that might be a 1000 then. OK, I'll have one of those, but with the true weight and handling of a gsxr600?

And I'm hoping for that Busa mk3 to replace my ZZR1400 that's getting a bit long in the tooth now. Come on Suzuki!

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

I think 'snev' is dead right, Triumph may have done well following BMW but the Japanese need to do something other than updates. (although I really hope Suzuki does have a Gen III Hayabusa up its sleeve!)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

oooohhh...

RG6ooRR..... Just thinking about it makes me melt. As for a Gen3 Busa .... what about a 1600 Straight SIX with 240 crank bhp 230kg's and GOOD LOOKS.?

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Change to a 750

I think a 750 should replace the 600,s much better class of sport bike and very similar but with a little more grunt , a better ride. With the extra cc you could develop the bike without going to extremes. You can still have a user friendly bike with performance with a 750 but you do not need to have a track focused machine to achieve those aims with a 750.

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Change to a 750

I think a 750 should replace the 600,s much better class of sport bike and very similar but with a little more grunt , a better ride. With the extra cc you could develop the bike without going to extremes. You can still have a user friendly bike with performance with a 750 but you do not need to have a track focused machine to achieve those aims with a 750.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

better comfort, better weather protection, more torque, and would love a different engine lay out other than an inline 4

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Prices...

are getting ridiculous, lower the prices of all bikes or more dealers will go bust.

Better to have half of something than a whole lot of nothing

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I don't mind the cost but they treat the 600s as second class rides and skimp on the components....... also I want to see KTM do a smaller RC8R or BMW do a s600rr.

Now that would certainly start to make that class a little interesting :)

600s are hard work on the road and it is easy to be lazy with a big boy bike and just ride the torque as little diffrence in price, why not just go for the thou and take the bragging rights and the shiny shiny components.  Not as though you can use either to their full potential :s

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

The new prices of a 600cc is pure madness and they are too track focused with looks sacrificed. Awesome class of bike but a brilliant looking and specced 750cc and I would be there ready to buy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices