Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

New 600cc sportsbike sales have fallen through the floor. What would make you fall in love them again? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tunapuppy

Jul 12

tunapuppy says:

Seat height

How about lower seat height? I'm only 5'3" and as much as i'd love to ride a sports bike there's just no real way to ride one when the average seat is 6" more than my inside leg!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

600 cc sports bikes

I say emission restrictions have rendered the 600cc sports bikes of years gone by as redundant technology. We need to be careful when we crave performance over cost, where do the cost sabings come from.... you want a lighter bike? That costs a lot more in clever use of expensive materials... MCN featured a Chinese 600cc in its pages only last week and most of the readers wouldn't have ridden one for a bet...but is this not the cheap 600ccc sports bike you asked for? Or is it a European idealistic fantasy that paints things from a bygone era as brighter than the present? As they say... discuss. :0)

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I liked mine, but !

Nearly all my mates got 1000s so it was getting a pain to go tap dancing on the gears every time i had keep up with them .Perhaps I`m getting old  lol .

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

The Youth Can't Afford Them

the issue with the 600s is that, the type of rider it typically attracts (18-25) can no longer afford them. the world economic crises, massive unemployment in Europe, difficultly in getting credit and astronomical insurance for such young age, has rendered the 600 Supersport class practically irrelevant.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Bring it Back

Honda bringing back the CBR600F4i would be a start – almost as fast as a CBR600RR, but a lot better to ride on the highway or around town, or even on the track for those of use with less flexible backs and necks.

Other issue is that 250cc class bikes are not enough for larger riders, but the super-sports are too much (especially here in North America where we do not get the 400cc sport bikes). A 500cc class for twins would fill the gap nicely.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Change the engine

Who wants to rev the nuts off a 600 ? Drop the redline and spread the torque. Triumph have shown how important a torque spread is, so it's time for the Japs to copy the Brits once again.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

600s

A flatter, fatter torque curve. Pillion and rider comfort. Centre stand. Heated grips.

600s haven't progressed powerwise very much. A 1993 ZZR600 makes 95bhp and 44 lb/ft torque at the back wheel. New sports 600s make approx 110bhp. 15bhp extra in 19 years. Look where 1000s have got to.

The reason there's no 750s (Gixxer excepted) is because there isn't a race series for them.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Why rev the nuts..........

..................off a 600 when you can tickle the grip on a litre bike and get the same performance?

I'll never understand why people buy an R6 instead of an R1.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

New knees

a couple of bust knees mean I can't 'fold' myself up like I used to... Oh, and lose a coupla stone too....! The bikes are great though...

Reply to this Topic
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

hideous

I find every 600 class sports bike I've ridden to be a horrid, gutless rev box, the Japanese have this obsession with millions of RPM resulting in zero on road usability. Id' prefer if it was a nice peaky two stroke not a gutless revvy four stroke four! At least then there'd be one point where there was a kick in the pants. Or maybe look at turbocharging again?

As others have said, reduce the RPM's, provide more torque and stop pandering to test riding journalist who just rev the tits off them on a race track and proclaim the latest HonKawiSuzAha to be the best thing since sliced bread ... depending of course on how much the relevant company has spent on wining and dining the aforementioned hack.

I rarely read bike mags nowadays as they seem obsessed by 600 and 1000 class sports bikes, despite the fact the majority of riders in the UK now seem to be on sports tourers and adventure bikes. The mags also never seem to run regular testing on learner class bikes or commuters. Without the bread and butter commuter market many dealerships workshops would struggle and if we don't encourage new riders this sport/activety/lifestyle of motorcycling will die. Successive Governments are trying their best to kill motorcycling off and the press appears to be helping!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices