Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

New 600cc sportsbike sales have fallen through the floor. What would make you fall in love them again? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I don't want a sportsbike

...but if I did I would want a T'Cat/ZZR/CBRF stylee of 600 rather than something that seems more like a 250 stroker race bike of old than something to ride around on actual roads. When did "sportsbike" become "race-bike" instead of sporty road bike?

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

For a track day special

A tasty little 600 you can throw around but costs less than £7k would be a good start. Aside from that not a lot else would make me buy a modern sports 600 or any sports bike because I'm never going to realise it's potential on UK roads. Gimme a decent riding position, good fuel economy a nice bit of midrange grunt and you've got, er an SV650 or Kawasaki ER6f which both offer plenty of sportsbike thrills in real world situations but for less than £6. What's more is they'll commute, tour, scratch, sniff, bend over and dance the hoola too.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Big Difference

Big difference between a 600cc and 1000cc bike on the track. The super-bikes need very good throttle control or traction control, as they have too much power for the rear tire to put down at most speeds – one of the reasons why lap times (and acceleration under 100 mph) are not much faster than the super-sports, since on the latter you can use most of the power without spinning the rear tire. The super-sports tend to lead to better riding technique, since on the super-bikes, less than expert riders tend to rely too much on power and not enough of cornering exit speed. And the weight and rotating mass difference make chicanes and such more easy and fun on the super-sports.

On the streets both have too much power too high in the rev range, so there are better choices (e.g. road sport) than race replicas for not track riders.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Size

I'd love to ride a 600 supersport, but at 6'5" I just don't fit. Make em bigger. um.. this is why I ride 650 trailies and adventure bikes, isn't it....

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

emmmmm

What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? a 1000cc engine for a start. dhooo!

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Why

would you buy any sports bike nowadays when we live in a time where we have perfectly good all round bikes you can use all year and not just for the sunny days. Crosstourers , RT1200s , V-Stroms , Varsys , the list goes on.

There is simply no need to get a sports bike in my eyes these days.

I've never ridden a sports bike myself (maybe thats why I don't see the attraction) but they just seem so uncomfortable. You can't seem to move too much from lying on the tank , you are forced to it , which means you end up with a strained back afterr a long day riding and , for me , this is what puts me off sportsbikes as a class. On a Vstrom you can sit up and relax your arms when you are just cruising then lay down on the tank and hide behind the screen when you want to pound it.

So really , the only thing that would make me buy any for of sports bike is comfort. Whats the point of speeding to a secluded truck stop for a coffee if you can't sit down to drink it cos your bum is sore lol

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Jimbo

Sports bikes aren’t that difficult to ride, ...try one ...You have never ridden one so how would you know,
Sport bikes are what bikes are for getting out and riding,
Personally I don’t see the point of having a lump like your V-storm, but hey I’ve never ridden one. Don’t see the point of riding all day to a secluded truck stop for a coffee if you can't sit down to drink it your bum is sore  ….well ….emmm hmmmm….. you know why !
Get a life get a sports bike.;)

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

600cc?

nothing

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

NOTHING

What is the good of a 600 you have to ring it,s neck just to get off the lights. A burgman scooter is better. NO TORQUE  is the biggest problem. How ever I have a GB 500 with a NX650  motor in it and it,s a great fun machine, hard to beat for fun ride. But if KTM built the LC4  as a big single supermono I,d be in LOVE with a 600 /690 sports bike. It, s getting to the point where i,ll just have to build one myself. TORQUE is where it,s at for me.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

TomRR

Can't , too young to do test drives.

One of the guys in my bike club racked up 4000 miles on it in the first month.  Closest I've been to riding a sports bike was being pillion on an R6 and it aint what you would call comfy. I doubt you would be able to ride anything like that for any length of time.

I guess if we all wanted really comfy bikes we would all be riding cruisers but that wont be happening any time soon.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices