Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

New 600cc sportsbike sales have fallen through the floor. What would make you fall in love them again? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bar40287

Aug 12

bar40287 says:

NOTHING

Ehhh nothing. Have riden my CBR600RR (2010) up from Kent to my old man's house in Glasgow 3 times in the space of a year and a half just for the pure sake of enjoying the roads that Scotland offers and riding around 3500 miles in the space of 4 days or so each time. Found it comfortable, no need for ABS, dont take pillions, can get around 170 miles out a tank on the motorway (pushing it mind you), light enough as it is. Maybe the only thing I would actaully ask for would be to have storage under the seat, cause I have zilch!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

jimbo 8098

"when I was a lad"..... the fastest, badest bike around, was a Laverda a Hairy, Scary mans bike. It was so far out of my reach as to be irrelevent. My world was all about AP50's,  FS1E's Then X7's and LC's, as you grow through life your requirements change along with your income and physical health. We all want different things from our Bikes but the one thing that is constant all the way through is how it makes you feel to ride.

I have a particular fondness for "sports Tourers" The type of machine that is a compromise in many respects not outstanding in any one area but very good allround. especially when ridden day in day out. I have just let go of a Honda CBR600f a great middleweight allrounder but compared to my Busa it falls way short in many areas not just the obvious. I personally get my Kicks through Acceleration and allthough a CBR600 is Quick  A Busa through the gears is on another planet there is no way that I would swop that Bike for a Versys or GS1200.

Horses for Courses.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

That'll be ....HOW MUCH!!?

Yes.......£9-9,500 for a hot 600.......Keep it.

Never mind the active suspension,etc...Gets things back to reality where  a `real motorcycle',could be fettled with by the home mechanic not some hyper techno computer on wheels,oh,and please keep the prices real.:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Jimbo and me ol mate SNEV

When I was a lad it was all roller-skates and seeing who can pee the highest!
Sports bikes ....are well,,,, sports bikes, I’m a tender 52, and rode my BMWS1000RR Through France, Belgium, Germany, Holland and then back to the UK in 6 days doing about 9-10 hours solid riding per day, mainly in the bloody rain( Barry sheene challenge ) Last summer, Knees a bit rough, but hey I have ½ a knee cap, and two ops on my crucial ligaments.
one of the guys on the trip was on the missile “Bussa” and if I would be honest I would take a BUSA-BABY ,, outstanding bike, solid and fucking fast, loveee-longtimeeee –fast. ....But THE RR such a surprising nice bike to ride, little fuzzy around my wrists, but great ride.. loves the bends, and with the Akro, sounds amazing, it has a beautiful crackle when changing down,, ace,,,,, so I guess am saying  like most sports bike riders who do a lot of riding it aint a problem,, its all in ya mind,, sell that rubbish v-slop-poo and invest in something that will make you smile...... oh and any pillion on any bike is ahhhh me no like!

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

nothing work make me want a supersports 600 on the road, i don't think marketing can change the minds of the older rider, who has seen it and been there and are now riding 1000cc multirole bikes that can do everything to a lesser or greater degree (sports/adventure/sports touring). The 600's are supersports, but if someone made a 250cc single, weighing 90kg with a supercharger, then it might peak my interest more than a 600 supersport, but i'm still not going to buy one. I think if an older rider has a bit of spare cash then they will buy a retro bike from their youth. 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Super-Sports

@ jimbo8098 – “Crosstourers , RT1200s , V-Stroms , V[e]rsys” – try hustling any of those around a race track on stock suspension and you will feel like you are trying to type while wearing gloves.

And when did cruisers become comfortable? The seating position exacerbates bumps on the road, shocking the rider’s back and neck, and puts too much weight on a small area of the buttocks. Most people that own them do not ride them for long or far – the most common bikes by far in the US are cruisers, and hardly any are used for commuting, errands or touring.

@ snev – Your ‘Busa may be fun on the open road, but I would much rather ride a super-sport around the track, particularly through S-bends and chicanes. Cannot use the full power of even a super-sport when leaned over, which is why super-bikes are not much faster around most tracks (and actually slower on really tight tracks). Even my CBR600F4i is big and heavy enough, that if I could find a decent race prepped 400 at a reasonable price, I might trade.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet

My busa is FUN your absolutely spot on there, but after every corner there is a glorious straight and that's where it really does impress. I am faster on my Busa than on my RSV1000R on most journeys and inturn my VFR400 NC30 is an absolute gem in the bends but completely out classed on the straights.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Nothing

I don't like sports bikes they are license destroyers, you ride them and you may as well tear up your license because for sure you will get tickets, you will be flashed by the multitude of speed cameras and your girl won't like riding on the back any further than a couple of miles.

They are great on a track of that i'm sure, but on the road they are not worth the risk, especially if you live in the UK where bikes are hated by the authorities anyway.

So there is nothing would make me want to buy a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Nothing

I don't like sports bikes they are license destroyers, you ride them and you may as well tear up your license because for sure you will get tickets, you will be flashed by the multitude of speed cameras and your girl won't like riding on the back any further than a couple of miles.

They are great on a track of that i'm sure, but on the road they are not worth the risk, especially if you live in the UK where bikes are hated by the authorities anyway.

So there is nothing would make me want to buy a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
paul1665401

Nov 11

paul1665401 says:

600 joy

i have a 10 plate r6, it is the best sports bike i have had to date. I just rode it to croatia and back, never missed a beat, i'm 47 now, done harleys and big sports bikes, they are either heavy and hard to ride round corners or they are just heavy and slow. 600's rule ! most fun i've ever had on two wheels.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices