Skip to content

KTM KTM 200 Duke now in UK dealers 200 DUKE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 200 DUKE > KTM 200 Duke now in UK dealers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

KTM 200 Duke now in UK dealers

The new KTM 200 Duke is now available in UK KTM dealers, priced at £3995. The 200 Duke is physically identical to the 125 Duke, which was launched last year, but with a 200cc engine producing 27bhp - almost double the power of the 125. The main difference is a larger displacement; expanded to 199.5cc by a new cylinder with a 72mm...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 August 2012 15:08)

Post a message in 200 DUKE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Rip Off ?

It costs less than a third of this in India. Why the price hike ? It's the same problem in several other places too so it's not just the UK. Fess up KTM.

Reply to this Topic
joshcherry93

Jan 11

joshcherry93 says:

Pointless?

Not sure why you'd buy this as its over the 125 limit and under the 33 limit, seems an odd capacity/power to produce. If it was bang on 33bhp then It'd be a winner as these things look fantastic,, this is from the perspective of an 18 year old on a restricted licence

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Well, I will wait for the Duke 350 next year .....

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

@ BBQ dog.

I totally agree. The 350 is definitely a very interesting prospect.

I'm REALLY impatient to see how the finished product looks & goes etc as I'm seriously thinking of a purchase next year.

40+bhp would be nice and with the new licence limit being 47bhp it's a realistic prospect and only weighing approx. 140kg wet it would be hilarious. Less is definitely more these days I reckon

I just hope it looks like the 125/200 rather than the 690. Never thought I'd say that but anyway.....

For the record my last bike was a 2009 RSV1000R with Akros etc but as much as I loved it I'd now just  rather have something I rag the hell out of at ten tenths as opposed to an ego massaging pose machine that I barely used 50% of.

This might just be the ticket with any luck.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

wish ktm would make one using the engine out of the exc 300 (make it a bit more service int friendly tho) 2 stroke then id get my cash out

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Pointless?

@joshcherry93 - 27bhp is the maximum it can have to be legal on a restricted licence at this weight.  A restricted licence limits you to 25 kW (33bhp) and 0.16 kW/kg.  At 20kW and 125kg, this bike is right on the 0.16kW/kg limit.  If it had more power, it would have to be heavier.

Reply to this Topic
5LeafClover

Jan 11

5LeafClover says:

Useful!

27hp and 130kgs makes a lot more sense to me than 33 and 170kgs. The niche position is a welcome new choice instead of same old same old. Ive done DAS yet am seriously tempted. Its a nice bike too, not just another budget one. USD, trick swing arm, quality clocks, braided brake hose as standard. Perfect as a city commuter, but also as a bike that looks cool and could be loved. An ultimate second bike in the stables!

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

CRF250L looks like it is a better bike if you can live with the taller seat and bigger wheels. I'm hoping Honda will do an SM version.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Agreed!

Completely agree with 5leaf, this will make an awesome commuter. It's a good move from KTM to go down a different path. :D

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Motard

@ HkUk – I hope Honda doesn’t build a CFR250M, as my garage space is limited.

You people need to come here. A 16-year old that passes an easy 25-question written test and the MOST test can legally ride home from the licensing facility on a 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R (aka ZZR1400).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices