Skip to content

KAWASAKI New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled NINJA 250R

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > NINJA 250R > New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R gets a significant update for 2013, with a whole new look as well as modifications to the engine and optional ABS. The 249cc parallel twin engine gets new pistons and crankcases and the cylinders will be diecast. The new bike is expected to weigh 171kg without ABS, making it 6kg heavier than the current model which was introduced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 August 2012 10:30)

Post a message in NINJA 250R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
5LeafClover

Jan 11

5LeafClover says:

Stunning

Wow! Looks amazing. But 171kg (or more), is inexcusably heavy when compared to the duke 200 at around 130kg. Heck, its only 15kg off a gxr600!

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Mutton Dressed As Lamb.

Despite a heavily modified engine - this is a similar bike to the 1988 GPX250 which was lighter !!   

Perhaps emissions regs have finally exposed this ageing design ?

I must admit that it looks fantastic (for a 250) which always helps in the showroom & no doubt it will behave impeccably on the road - but for me Kawasaki is trading on image rather than anything new & I can't help thinking that Kawasaki dilutes/damages the Ninja brand by applying it to things like this.

The new Suzuki 250 is also too heavy but it's being marketed without any sporting pretentions unlike this new ' Ninja '.

If I was looking to buy a new 250cc bike then the current Honda CBR250 single makes more sense to me & I'm a Kawasaki fan !!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Licquorice lime...Sweet or a rotter?

The new Kawasaki ZX 250 R `Ninja', would at first glance look BRAND SPANKING NEW, from the ground up!!:huh: LOOK AGAIN!!!:shock: New set of duds,bit weight here bit there,(supposed to lose weight me thinks?)not much mind you,a bit of a jiggle here,there and voilà!!! But,hold on,where's the USD forks,and RAD CAL?

I mean even some 125's have these things now! Where's the ally frame? It wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to use USD forks and rad cal,(YES,more for show but...)while the ally frame would probably balance out the higher cost by selling more units.Try harder Kawasaki please,not just new clothes to disguise a commuter as something that it isn't.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Suprisingly enough

The Ninjette is Kawasaki's biggest seller in the USA despite showing it's age and still being supplied with a carb.  This one still looks good.  A seat cowl and GP exhaust would set it off.  Personally I would like to see the engine get a good workover.  Trade some of that bore size for more stroke to get better midrange and more mpgs with less need to spool it up to the moon.  Glad to see a new dash on it finally.  Still, I can't imagine why it gained so much weight.  Cat in a can does not weigh THAT much.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Stressed?

What would be the point of adding UDS forks to such a small bike?  The extra stiffness of the legs isn't needed nor wanted for this weight and the lack of damping.  As for radial calipers, again, why?  Not a race rep.  No benefit.  The only difference between a standard caliper and a radial caliper is the direction of the mounting bolts which. BTW, are in shear no matter which direction they point.  A difference that would matter is adding a radial piston master cylinder which is a little more money to manufacture.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Too Heavy

They really need to make these bikes lighter. 140kg should be the kerb weight with tank of fuel IMO.

I see no reason other than cost as to why they wouldn't add USD forks, RGV250's had USD forks (M model onwards). Although they are not really necessary for this class.

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

nice

cracking looking wee bike , but other than those that need under 33bhp , why buy this when a wee bit more cash gets an ER6F ?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

170 KG's !!!

I have a 1979 suzuki X7 250, it weighs 128 KG's (dry) and developed @30 BHP when new. Even my 1980 GSX250 made 29 BHP. Whats going on?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

stressed

dont listen to stressed, he wants every bike to have upside down forks, weigh less than 100kg, have diamond encrusted wheels, gold forks, carbon fiber. Even if it is just a humble cg125 he still wants all those things. He is what you might call image obsessed... On a side note i think it looks very good

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Looking good kawasaki

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle