Skip to content

KAWASAKI New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled NINJA 250R

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > NINJA 250R > New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R gets a significant update for 2013, with a whole new look as well as modifications to the engine and optional ABS. The 249cc parallel twin engine gets new pistons and crankcases and the cylinders will be diecast. The new bike is expected to weigh 171kg without ABS, making it 6kg heavier than the current model which was introduced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 August 2012 10:30)

Post a message in NINJA 250R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Whats next?

Who's going to be first to bring out a 250 adventure bike? !!!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Who's going to be first to bring out a 250 adventure bike? !!!

Honda and Yamaha already have... CRF250L and XT250.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dual-Sport

@ X2Glider – At least left-pond, the Honda CRF250L and Yamaha XT250 will be/are sold as dual-sport and not adventure touring. Both lack any stock provision for luggage or wind protection, have small fuel tanks, dirt instead of dual-use biased tires, and low gearing. While one could tour on them with a lot of modification, they would not be a good choice unless the whole ride was at relatively low speeds on rough terrain.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Herp-a-derp, Kawasaki

Importing a new 250 into the EU just as the licensing stools are moved apart so that it falls plumb between them?

It may be the best selling Yank Kwak, but that's because they tend to have a 250cc learner class, or no license laws at all.  Over here, you'll (soon) have to pass a test on a 400cc+ bike (so in practice a ER-5 or more likely an ER-6) just to get a license to ride a Mini-ninja. 

Infuriating, but trying to sell 250s into that market seems like the triumph of hope over common sense.

Also, yes, too lardy, too expensive. ;)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Asian Market

@ Rogerborg – The important market for <250cc bikes is southern Asia, and any that are sold elsewhere are pretty much a bonus to the manufacturer. I imagine it costs Kawasaki less than £25 to make a Ninja 250 designed for Asian market UK/CE compliant.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

HI NORM...HI X-MAN

So i see i have a cult following in Steady2wheels and X2glider. It would seem that STEADY2WHEELS is a NORM, i.e Human who inhabits a world where any colour other than beige is OTT! For your info you facetious little man,I have never stated motorcycles should come equipped with diamond encrusted wheels,gold forks or weigh less than 100kgs! This is from YOUR MIND SCAPE,not mine. Then we have X2GLIDER,who prattles on about a 250 ADVENTURE bike,yet castigates me for wanting USD forks and a RAD CAL put on this machine. The forks and 2 pot caliper this machine is equipped with is perfectly adequate.However,i feel when a 250 machine comes with a price tag of £4-4,500 the buyer should be getting their pound of flesh. The Aprilia RS4 50/RS4 125 2/4 stroke machines and others besides are equipped with USD forks and RAD CAL. YES,they may be classed as race reps but they are still small capacity machines,this Kawasaki is a 250,it is dressed as a zx 250 R Ninja to emulate its bigger siblings so therefore it is a race rep. It seems if were left to STEADY2WHEELS we should all be riding CB125's with drum brakes ohv engines,and someone walking in front of us with a red flag. Also the weight of this machine is too heavy,if Kawasaki wanted to build a commuter 250 why give it the race rep look then and not finish the job?:hmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennon

May 10

kennon says:

Stressed if you want USD forks on a 250 how about looking at a 92 model ZXR-250 a inline 4 engine with USD forks as required, the ER-6F is called the ninja 650 in the states and japan like this its not being a ZX-R ninja so it is more of a commuter/sport bike than pure sports bike as your referring to it should be. on price terms if its a small market they can charge what they wont its not like there is allot of competition for kawasaki at all

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

REPLY:Kennon

Yes i know all too well about the ZXR 250 from the good ol' years of Jap home market `grey imports'exotica.We looked and yearned in the early 90's for these trick,exotic machines,now,we have to make do with this mundane offering.

Unfortunately,due to the economic mess we're in Kawasaki won't produce a ZXR 250 version of this bike with ally frame,USD forks and rad cals,because no-one would pay the price for a twin 250,costing £6000.That's why the old ZXR 250R was brought in as a grey import. If people don't like my suggestions for this or any other bike, then keep it to yourself,don't vilify me for my opinion.If these people wish to sit back and put up with whatever crap manufacturer's churn out and pay OTT for it,fine...But i don't see why other's have to put up and make do because of them,do you?

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

STRESSED1

I'm with you on this. A bike that is of the commuter type (even if it is dressed to look like a sports bike), and one that appears to be aimed at newbies shouldn't be encumbering that new rider with excess weight to manage. This paltry little bike weighs in more than a 2005 GSXR1000.

And all bikes should be made as light as possible regardless of the type. Lighter weight means better fuel economy, better braking, faster acceleration and easier to handle and move. This bike isn't going to be ridiculously cheap to buy yet it comes with budget suspension and brakes, and a weight that should only be seen on a much bigger bike.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Made by......

Kawasaki Heavy Industries! Nuffff said?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN