Skip to content

KAWASAKI New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled NINJA 250R

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > NINJA 250R > New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Kawasaki Ninja 250R unveiled

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R gets a significant update for 2013, with a whole new look as well as modifications to the engine and optional ABS. The 249cc parallel twin engine gets new pistons and crankcases and the cylinders will be diecast. The new bike is expected to weigh 171kg without ABS, making it 6kg heavier than the current model which was introduced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 August 2012 10:30)

Post a message in NINJA 250R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Kawasaki Heavy Industries

@ snev – <groan>  : )

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Reply:DoomedDog

Reply to DoomedDog....... Thank goodness some respite from being slated..LOL! Trouble is bike manufacturers like you rightly stated dress commuter mundane over weight bikes up,as in this case a ZX 10 mini rep and clag a hefty, for what the bike is,price tag on it. This bike in theory should weigh in at no more than 140kgs,tops,as the old ZXR 250R,with USD forks and four cylinder engine weighed in at 141kgs,and the2T KR-1S weighed in at 131kgs. Like i said,if KAWASAKI want to attract new customers to biking i see why they are dressing it up to look like a mini ZX 10R,but,for those who may want a 'HOT' 250cc machine this is falling short of expectation judging by its clothing,no matter how good it rides or how good its engine may be. Bikes are bought mainly,and i refuse to believe any other theory, for looks(the latest wot-nots,must have's on it)-performance and kerb appeal.That's why i think Kawasaki would do themselves the world of good by producing another HOT 250 to the market.Remember,the KR-1S was quite expensive at the time but it sold,as did the RGV 250 Suzuki.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

Legal bollocks and power to weight!

This bike as we know, has always been marketed in the UK towards those on 33bhp licences. Which also carry A 0.16kw/kg power to weight ratio. I could be wrong here, but perhaps the heavy weight of the ninja is to keep it on the legal side for those it's aimed at? By my working out it makes roughly 0.15 kw/kg.

The older bikes mentioned are somewhat inappropriate as comparisons for weight and power at least. They were designed before UK licencing went to shite...

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Sney

Going on this.... Steel Cradle frame, Steel back fork, Steel...everything...dressed look like  "Sporty" whit "do you see how cool is a new  wheels"...But all that things is in perfect maner whit  today's average buyer of same...which buy the bikes, just like another accessories for "to look and be cool"(but only because that is said so from TV comercial) bikes and bikers of this days is "something completely different"(and bikes just folowing that simple matrice) in the soul and minde...and that is what older one often forgot .

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

25kW @ .016kW/kg = 156.25 kg minimum

That's wet with OEM tools onboard but no luggage.  Curiously, the power-to-weight limit is better defined than the power limit, which is just "net power output".

I recall RiDE magazine "explaining" the licensing situation last year, then hilariously claiming that some 250 offroad stylee was suitable for riding on (what they mistakenly called) a "A2" license, when it was well over the power-to-weight that they'd just mentioned.  Le sigh.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

toecutter71

hmmmmm exactly.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

What is cost of:

I Wonder, what can be so demaged  in minds of Japanise CEO of Honda ,kawasaki, especialy Suzuki, that they completly left main pfilosophy and "Spiritus Movens" of founder(if you like more , Fathers of Japanise boom bikes)which was "We will make Better, faster,lighter and Chiper Bikes than any one on the world, but not Better like better for one year...better true whole ciklus of using any of model, which again means, High end in engineering thinking, and making mechanical assemblies that make our bikes better than any other". Faster-which means same like first, lighter same AGAIN.

What for goods sake was happend whit  Philosophy which produce one Suzuki RGV250, Or Kawasaki KR -1S or Yamaha RD, or Honda CBR250R....Suzuki from 2006 wasn't make any realy new bike(i do not count refurbishing and redesign and adding accessoris and "Sporty look")

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

towkuttur

i faink yoo hat thee knale onn thee head .

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

GPZ250R

I wonder if the 86-87' GPZ250R was a better bike?

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

SNEV

O.K "we shevv revease  Vayan" ov Vodevick(do we have Vodevick on the vist)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle