Skip to content

Discuss This New Victory Boardwalk revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Victory Boardwalk revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Victory Boardwalk revealed

Victory has revealed the new Victory Boardwalk, which replaces the Kingpin in their cruiser range. The Boardwalk uses Victory's usual 1740cc air-cooled V-twin engine and runs on 16-inch wire wheels front and back. Whitewall tyres and a bigger, swoopy rear mudguard give the Boardwalk a more traditional look compared to Victory's other cruisers like the Hammer S. The new Boardwalk will be available in white...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 August 2012 16:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Victory fail

Before spunking money on a Victory, you might want to take a look at how well a £14,000 premium brand bike stands up to daily UK use even when washed down religiously after every ride:

Under a year old, under 6000 miles, looks like a dog, already corroding.

And then what happens when you take your falling-apart bike in for its "free" first service.

That'll be £126 for brake pads we reckoned you'd have approved if we'd bothered to ask, pay up if you want your shed back.

I've seen that bike in the metal.  The bare, exposed, rusting metal, under the paint that's flaked right off in under a year despite careful washdowns after every ride, and which Victory UK want another £540 + VAT to touch.  Their position is that it should have been power washed (!) in hot water (!!) after every ride.

So, to recap.  That's a £14,000 bike, used in the locale where it was sold, washed down after every ride, but which has paintwork flaking all over it, and corrosion setting in on (at least) the £800 headlight, £1000 exhaust and God-alone-knows-how-much swing arm, and the dealer and importer don't want to know about it.  And in fact have told the owner that he needs to stop people taking pictures of his bike. (!!!)

Might want to take a look into that one, MCN.

Reply to this Topic
valenut

Sep 11

valenut says:

wtf

What a load of old arse that post is, treat bikes properly and they won't look like the pile of shite you pictured there. I've seen a fair few Victory's in my time, my father has owned two and done about 100k on them in total. I cannot fault their dealerships, at least the ones we've dealt with. Had no problems with the bikes apart from the air-shock on the vision which stopped holding full gas after 38,000 miles, a $700+ part which they bought and replaced FOC outside of warranty. Oh and MCN themselves have already reported on how good the Victory customer service is. They may not be your cup of tea but I don't think that the story your spouting over the internet is representative of the full picture my friend. As for the price, well yea I agree its a bit steep but these bikes are bought by hearts and souls not by brains.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Victory go safe again

After the Highball and Hardball, Victory release a more sedate model. The Kingpin had its days numbered when Polaris bought Indian; the nouveau-Indian look of the Kingpin was always gonna clash with the design for the Premium Brand Bike that will be Indian from now on (bank on US$30k plus for a warbonnet).

Wrap around front fender? Was popular with high-end custom builders a while back, but right now the pared to the bone ultracheap bobber is back in vouge - bodywork is out. But....whats in fashion ain't for everyone and victory have that minimalist segment well covered.

As for the yawningly predicatble comments below....performance only matters to the people it matters to. Beleive it or not MCNers, many people couldn't give a fig for the bhp's or weight.

Style...beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I will admit this isn't my fave Victory (that'd be the Judge) or the one I'd buy (that'd probably be the Highball). But, if you consider this as a base model with a retro twist (a Vegas-Retro) you can suddenly see a range of options for creating a bike of you're own taste. You may not get why people buy a bike and then throw half of it away for a customisation project; but then is that so different to replacing all the bodywork with carbon fibre, adding a slipper clutch, and full race system? People from either end of the spectrum here will never really understand the other, yet they are both doing essentially the same thing.

As Bikenutter says, writing off cruisers because they are not screamers is like writing off your sofa beacuse it's not a deck chair. Speedy sportsbikes are fun for theose who like that sort of thing. Mudpluggers are fun for those who like that. And Cruisers work for those who like them.

If you don't get it, try it - what's the worse that could happen? You like it and get one? Your friends mock you for having fewer beeaitchpees? Won't take long before you realise that the constant *ahem* size comparison gets a bit vapid.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Excellent post ANichol

I'm so far undecided on the looks - I keep coming back to try and decide, although I definitely prefer the looks of the Judge and Hammer S.

For what it's worth I've ridden the Hammer S and Cross Country and would take them any day over a Harley. They're much more fun and easier to get on with if you're coming straight off something like a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I agree with ANichol...

"Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder" lets hope the brochure is written in Braille.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Oh, they're certainly not bought by brains, valenut

Good experiences don't invalidate bad ones, and vice versa.

I've seen the bike, I've talked to the owner.  He's not a mental - he's a mature chap, plenty of experience, has a Hayabusa as well - the bike is a shocking condition, and the dealer and Victory UK aren't interested.

The fact that they allow it to exists in that condition actually show that quite nicely.  If they treated their customers well, how did I get those pictures?

Bang on all you like about good examples, but there's a bad one out there, and the owner is being treated like something the dealer scraped off their shoe.  Gamble your money on getting a good 'un, I wouldn't.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Everyone to their own but.........

...................how can anybody ride around on an ugly, lumbering pile of shit like this? Try filtering past the Sunday dead on it and you'll be very disappointed.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Ah

another boat anchor : )

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kcmc...

Cockney rhyming slang ?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Cruisers...

I'm not against Cruisers but why do they all look so old like an Edsel. Now, Honda created a bloody masterpiece a few years back The "EVO SIX" (I Wish I could post a link of the 2007 white one...Somebody ???) This would be a proper classic. Based upon the Goldwing but using Much lighter frame and bodywork ,it even had triple stubby pipes just like the MV 675 Triple, Stunning. It was so much better looking and interesting than the Ruen thing (also based on the same engine....) that they actually produced.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices