Skip to content

Discuss This Nothing grey about these General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Nothing grey about these

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Nothing grey about these

The 400cc sportsbike is an exotic delicacy from a far off land. Shipped to the UK under the banner of ‘grey import’, these beautifully wrapped, miniature GSX-Rs, CBRs, VFRs and FZRs looked like they’d been ridden straight from the Suzuka pitlane at the Suzuka 8-hour and were hugely sought after in early and mid 90s. The UK was flooded with the iconic...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 August 2012 11:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

No RVF ?

You missed the best of the bunch, the NC35. Currently there are 60 for sale in Japan. http://www.goobike.com/bike/honda__rvf400/summary.html

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

No RVF, the VFR was an official UK import (like the ZXR) and the CBR above is an NC23 not an NC29.

C+ for research, must try harder

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Super Sport 400's are quick

I had a dice with a group of riders biggest bike was a Yam R1. We pi$$ed off on the straights but come the corners the titchy CBR400 was right there. Rider was getting his knee down in front of me while I felt like I still had 12" to go before touch down.

Reply to this Topic
markg1150

Oct 09

markg1150 says:

baby blade!

dont know why they didnt show a proper gull arm version not the ugly old tri arm.

if my memory has anything left off it, (booze) the baby blade was the daddy at the TT most of the time in the old 400 lightweight class? they used to put the 600 panels on though. then some yams, but a few times people stuck 600 motors in them cuz they looked identical.

and yes i had a baby blade. it was awsome i loved that bike was my only transport for years and never let me down once. 14,000rpm everywhere looked the muts nuts in black with a quill carbon can... (happy memory moment)

shame i out grew it, the seats proper low on them.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Meh

Also missing the ZXR400......

MCN ....... You are still rubbish!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

fzr400

There appears to be an fzr400 with m1 bodywork in the main shot but no mention in the actual article, love the intention of the article but no new information and nothing 5 minutes on google wouldn't have turned up. Some up to date information would have been nice, these are good looking, sweet handling pussycats of sportsbikes in a world of unusable race replicas so some actual information would have been nice such as contemporary mods and modern tyres particularly as some have funny sized wheels

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Number75

Sounds like you're after some actual journalism. I'm afraid you're probably looking in the wrong place. No offence to the MCN staff but this isn't exactly the most editorially rich site on the web.

Reply to this Topic
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

nc30

I had an nc30 and loved every minute i was on it. I traded it for a ducati 748s big mistake! I always wanted another one but for a nice one they are 2k plus a bit too much for its age. I bought my sp1 because it give me the same feeling that my nc30 did they do feel a special bike. Most ZXR400s where uk bikes not grey imports and there is no point in putting the rvf in the list because you have the nc30. Its nice to see someone writing about these great bikes again well done mcn. I also had a gsxr400 for a while the nc30 is a much better bike. I dont think there is a better bike to learn how to ride fast than a 400cc sportsbike.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

RVF 400RR

I had an RVF 400 RR four years old when i got one back in 98' with 6000km/s on the clock and absolutely excellent condition,then the PARALLEL IMPORTS came in and knocked the value for six.:shock:

They would have cost around £7000 back in 94' if Honda were to import them officially that's why they never did. Nice bike,beautiful engine,engineering and it still looks cool today, but to find a low mileage example would cost way too much for age. Gone are the exotica of the nineties,hello mundane crap  EURO legislation of today,along with extortionate prices to boot!:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

AHA 1

Thought I bought the paper for something! I'll get on it right away!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices