Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

Jorge Lorenzo has revealed Yamaha management briefed him about Valentino Rossi’s potential return to the Japanese factory during the recent Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The Spaniard has been kept fully informed of Yamaha’s planned strategy for 2013, which will see a shock return to a YZR-M1 for Italian icon Rossi. Rossi is expected to announce his decision to quit Ducati next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 August 2012 17:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

I agree!!!!!!!!!

but the biggest improvement won't be to the bike it'll be to the rider!! Someone who's not scared to hold the throttle open and have the bike move about a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bike was a winner and has been successfully turned into a big loser by, we all know who!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately for all Ducati fans and DUCATI he's going this year!!!!!!!!!! So DUCATI can get on with building the bike and the rider, riding it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rossi has been a big flop at DUCATI, I knew he wouldn't do jack **** and he has successfully proved me right!! Let's hope that DUCATI put someone on the Desmo who will do it justice instead of moaning, making excuses and changing everything to no avail!!!!! Would have liked to see Crutchlow on it but that doesn't seem to be happening at the moment or, are they just waiting for Rossi to announce his move to Yamaha first?? Ciao

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

bloodybubble

Stoners results got worse, but there was still a few wins in there, few poles as well.......18 months, massive development, everything he wanted made to his masterfull specification ... and nothing, same or worse than before........

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I still think Jorge should demand

that yamaha insist rossi wears his championship finishing number on his plate during any return to yamaha, god knows with help from his mates at Dorna and a sycophantic english motogp press core this bloke has managed to hijack the commercial dollar for his own means while the rest of the sport has suffered, I have no doubt that a deep thinker like lorenzo is disgusted by the cancer caused by the 46 cult and would dearly love to excise it from the sport he loves.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Raise your game mate!

Stoner had little support in the latter half of his final year and a half at Ducati. He had nothing but contempt for those in positions above his own team and from what we've been told barely acknowledged or spoke to them, you can imagine how enthusiastic they would have been to spend money on him? He finished fourth in a flurry of style with solid performances that were at the very top of the pile.

You keep regurgitating his final position but conveniently forget the comparison to what Florence has done with FULL and TOTAL support of sponsors and factory and ZERO missed races. You will not convince the avid enthusiast that Flossi was innocent of the direction Ducati took with his bike.

Fourth may be forgettable for the weekend watcher but it's nothing to sneeze at, many of the performances were good, great even. Seventh is quite poor, even worse with zero, absolutely zero inspiration THROUGHOUT two seasons so far, beaten by his apparently mediocre team mate and heading for 8th... if he's lucky!

I'm all for healthy debate Bloodblubber but exaggerating facts isn't fooling anyone who has more than a passing interest in the sport, get real mate! Rum is good, I didn't know poofters drank it though!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Three wise monkeys..

The problem with Divvati's massive development - a few bits of wiring that broke, since Sepang - is that they are only getting back to a place with the chassis where everybody else has always been. They still have that dinosaur of an engine..so large and ungainly to package, that it's impossible to effect weight distribution change without redesigning all the ancillary components. But hey, it is 90 degrees and is essential to brand identity eh?

The cancer within MotoGP lies squarely with the MSMA..There aren't enough compeitive bikes because they have made the game exhorbitantly costly in their bid to hijack the series and exclude competition. They've managed it too. Ask yourself..why they don't sell off last years bike to independent race teams, preferring to send them to the crusher?..or don't supply engines like F1.

If Stoner had little help or support for 2010, no new parts..why did he take until September that year to start winning, with two thirds of the competition sidelined through proper injuries and time off?

Adopting team mates settings? Trying a bit harder - 3 race race crashes out of the last 8?

It's clear Casey's results on that bike elevated the status beyond it's capability but, make no mistake..if he was still riding the original CF1000 bike against the current Jap bikes, satellite machines included, he wouldn't be winning or podiuming either. In fact, he'd probably be lying in hospital wearing a full body cast, sucking his dinner through a straw.

Deep breath lads..suck it all up and lose the bitterness. Try and enjoy the last 8 races.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Casey's results got worse in 2008 he finished 2nd with 280 points something like 6 wins.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Facts elude as if by magic!

Nice try Wosi, but you can't even speculate without ridiculously liberal doses of bias which ruin the whole point of speculation in the first fkn place.

Judging by Stoners performance buffer over Hayden when they were team mates, you are clearly obsessing... as usual. Factor in SOME co-operation from the factory and it's not impossible to believe he could win on the bike. I don't think it is petulant to say he was dominant at the end of his Ducati tenure and if you start with the 'oh but the pressure was off' excuse, well what's the others excuse?

8th mate and no pressure! That's not very good is it Wosi?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yeh ok,

Bob always puts his argument over very well, but I genuinely want to know why, if Rossi is so piss poor on a bike, and Yamaha have managed very well for the last two seasons without the sponsorship, they are so keen to sign him. 

I don`t agree with you Bob, so I must be a homosexual right?
I`m just wondering why there`s a feeling on here that Yamaha don`t want the guy and yet somehow they`re signing him anyway! 
I`m not being provocative, I just don`t follow the minutia of the sport like some of you guys.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Keen?

I genuinely want to know why, if Rossi is so piss poor on a bike, and Yamaha have managed very well for the last two seasons without the sponsorship, they are so keen to sign him.

I haven't seen any evidence that Yamaha are "so keen" to sign him, and I doubt he'll be piss-poor on a Yamaha either.  My guess is that Carmelo's statement that Rossi would definitely be on a competitive bike next year was because he cut a deal with the Japanese factories that they would both offer him a factory bike in return for making sure CRTs remain uncompetitive.

That's conjecture, of course.  As is this howler from wosi ... deg?

if he was still riding the original CF1000 bike against the current Jap bikes, satellite machines included, he wouldn't be winning or podiuming either

This is the sort of shit you tell yourself to avoid the awful truth, wosi.  The Ducati is a fast in a straight line (relative to the Japanese) as it was in Stoner's last years on it.  The problem, as always, is getting around the corners quickly and Stoner has showed that he's good enough to do that on any of the bikes Ducati gave him.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Ducati Are SHITE

Since Ducati entered MotgGP in 2003 the tables stand like this

Yamaha = 5

Honda = 3

Ducati = 1

Riders Since 2003

Rossi = 5

Stoner = 2