Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

Jorge Lorenzo has revealed Yamaha management briefed him about Valentino Rossi’s potential return to the Japanese factory during the recent Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The Spaniard has been kept fully informed of Yamaha’s planned strategy for 2013, which will see a shock return to a YZR-M1 for Italian icon Rossi. Rossi is expected to announce his decision to quit Ducati next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2012 17:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Acanada

So why doesn't every other manufactuer use a V4 and twin spar chassis...

Why are you asking me?

That was a statement from Burgess, not me.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

How come he never won the title on it again?

Control tyres - tyres that were less suited to the Ducati than the Yamaha and Honda.  Remember also how many front end crashes Bautista had on the Suzuki. They didn't seem to suit that either.

Imagine how much better the current Ducati would be with more suitable tyres.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

cheekymonkey

If you scroll down the medal table, Australia (now 24th) are sat below the war torn and famine afflicted nation of Ethiopia. Perhaps we need Sir Bob of Geldoff to arrange a charity concert in aid of their sporting drought.  ;)

by way of balanced comment, however, Australia have won 17 more medals than Ethiopia .....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Double standards Saturn?

it doesn't matter he will still be 'The Best'

Come on, it's past kiddie's hour - time to act your age

Nicky the nicest bloke in the Paddock (and he is!)won his closely fought championship by default, not by winning races

In that case, your 'best rider' could be said to have won his first few championships against tired and jaded old men who had been around a lot longer in the sport than a 20 year old newcomer keen to prove himself. He had all the new toys on his 500 and then had the V5 990 against outdated 500 2 strokes. Would you class those wins as merited or by default?

2006, your 'best rider' cracked and blew it, throwing it down the track trying to catch Hayden in the last race. In 2011/12, your 'best rider' demonstrated without argument that he can't ride the Ducati. How does that render him 'the best' when another rider (and I don't care who, it could be any rider, fact is there was one) proved far more versatile and demonstrated that he could not only ride the Ducati he could podium regularly and notch up a few pole positions and race wins too. I would have thought versatility was a requirement when considering someone as 'the best', rather than placing the accolade onto someone who is unable to change his style of riding and dependency on an M1.

This is something seen regularly with Rossi supporters. The continual attempts to discredit the achievements of other riders. The assumption that he is the best and he alone can achieve wins on merit. Everyone else lucks into them, enjoys unfair advantages or gets them 'by default'. You're a gracious, fair minded lot....

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

comment from the UK kid testing the ducati

Were you using any of Nicky´s data? No because Rossi was the slower of the two here so for me it was better to go with his data. Also it´s his home track and he has good lines here.........lolololololol

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Worlds Oldest Fangirl... or just senile?

Saturn, how on earth did he manage to win all those championships?

Well you've only got to see how a rider who is heading for 8th position in the series without a single blip of inspiration for his fans and real race fans alike, can manage to score a ride on the best package in motoGP, displacing more deserving and promising riders, to understand how he managed it. Timing, slightly above average ability on a motorcycle and the ability to suck a golf ball through 30 foot of garden hose probably accounts for the rest of the equation.

Can you explain what you mean by 'winning by default'? (Jeez, wouldn't it be ironic if you were a Schwantz fan!) That's an interesting comment and please review your knowledge of the season prior to answering. We can argue that for each issue Florence faced, Hayden was equally hobbled and coming down to the final decdiding race with a comfortable lead, Flo went limp.

The best? Not since he's been racing Stoner and Lorenzo. Not when you consider Agostini. Not on a Ducati with support, financing and influence on bike development second to none, not in 2012.

Every champion is eventually deposed, that's about the only supported fact in your post my friend. How does his performance on the Ducati NOT reflect his ability (don't even consider Hayden is beating him regularly!)?... that's my question to you.

btw, I hope that's a photo of your grandfather mate, cause I'll be fucked giving a grown man with such a pisspoor ability to use reasonable evidence to support such a spotty teenagers' opinions, the time of day for too much longer. Cheers!

Cheeseymonkey, lucky there's no motoGP category in the Olympics eh? Not a SINGLE, SOLITARY race win, let alone a championship in 35 years with three times the popuation of Oz and a racetrack on every other corner, that's gotta make you proud right? And yet you'd gladly crawl through a thousand miles of broken glass just to sniff the cock of the boyfriend of the bloke who is fucking up the chances for your fellow Brit to get the machinery to change that statistic! Forgive me, I just don't understand this prevalent mentality.

Sorry to bore you with my Aquarius-like novel but anyone who questioned Acanada46's grip on reality will chuckle at this...

"If the 90º, L- motor is so bad, how come Stoner won the championship in 2007 on it? How come he never won the title on it again? and this...

"So why doesn't every other manufactuer use a V4 and twin spar chassis..."

Acanada do you realise the 90deg V4 configuration has won exactly as many motoGP championships as the mighty HRC's narrower angle V4 engine? Imagine that eh! Haw haw ya dickhead... although there is one common denominator!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Bob...

Only having a laugh mate, don`t get so worked up!

You rightly point out GB`s lack of MotoGP success over the last 35 years. 
To add to that we`ve also been quite poor at Tennis, Cricket, Athletics and much else besides! But as Australia is finding out now these thing come in cycles, and no-one stays top forever. I`m just enjoying the moment. Thats all. A bit of self indulgent jingoism!
We just need to beat South Africa at Lords to level the series. 
I`m sure Australia`s downturn in form will be temporary. (In cricket anyway, maybe you`ll have a 35 year wait for a MotoGp winner though)!!
Anyway, Casey learned his trade over here.....didn`t do him any harm. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Why even mention that corrupt sport known as Cricket its the most shet sport.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Why are you always in a bad mood?

I was making the point about sport generally.

Very sorry for any offence given. None intended.

Blimey! :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Cheekymonkey

Hang on a minute, GB are not doing that badly in the sports department. I do believe that we are 3rd in the Olympic medal table. Would you care to ask Bob where Oz is in the table.............oh dear. a very lowly 16th place.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices