Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo briefed on Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return in Mugello

Jorge Lorenzo has revealed Yamaha management briefed him about Valentino Rossi’s potential return to the Japanese factory during the recent Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The Spaniard has been kept fully informed of Yamaha’s planned strategy for 2013, which will see a shock return to a YZR-M1 for Italian icon Rossi. Rossi is expected to announce his decision to quit Ducati next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 August 2012 17:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Winners

Winners all round, Rossi back on the M1, Yamaha get top money sponsorship to stick on their bikes, hopefully back to the two Yams dueling, Cal gets the chance to try his luck on the Duke, Bradley Smith can be his brolly girl, and let the spare satellite yam go to someone who can make use of it.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi spotted at Yamaha HQ today in Holland and being taken as a sure signal that he has re-signed for Yamaha

Winners all round? Hope Yamaha don't rue this if he starts to play his games again

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

RevBenny.

You're absolutely right and in my estimation illustrates perfectly why Stoner is leaving GP's at the end of the season. The old guard is having to change hands with the X Factor generation and be damned with those nostalgics who built and supported the championship from the "glory days". The dollar is king...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Wise words Rev

However, despite Lorenzo's savvy, I believe his appeal is limited. It will only be on the return of VR that Yamaha will see a title sponsor for the first time in 2 years.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Dont know about

You lot , but i am going to miss Stoner's gripes , moans , bitching , kicking out on other riders ( maybe not that ) , dummy spitting .

MOTGP's loss , no question , no arguement.........

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Irony

Won't it be ironic that, if and when Rossi signs for Yamaha, suddenly it all clicks together and they get the Ducati competitive. Probably not much hope, but it made me smile when I thought of the situation.I

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Italian Press

Got this off Visor Down that was reported in the Italian Press

_____________________________________________________________________________________

YAMAHA have offered Valentino Rossi a two-year MotoGP contract followed by a WSB ride in 2015 according to Italian newspaper, Gazzetta dello Sport.

Yamaha are planning a return to World Superbikes in 2014 where Rossi would play the role technical developer and then rider of the new bike.

While Rossi hasn't been able to fix Ducati's troubled MotoGP project, a World Superbike championship would galvanize Rossi's legendary status as the only rider to win at 125, 250, 500 and MotoGP and make the crossover to SBK.

Rossi has already tested the Yamaha Factory Superbike in the summer of 2010 to get some practice in after a serious fracture in his right leg in Mugello. He spent half a day on the bike and allegedly equalled the circuit record and solving a problem Cal Crutchlow had been struggling with.

A straw-poll of MotoGP journalists showed that most believed Rossi would make the switch back to Yamaha in MotoGP but believed that Rossi should tay at Ducati to finish what he started.

Gazzetta's article adds credibility to the rumours that Rossi will be leaving Ducati at the end of the season.

Former Yamaha GP rider, Niall Mackenzie tweeted: Done deal! A well known Italian will definitely be on a blue bike next year, woo hoo!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I really hope that is true Yamaha planning a return to the WSBK paddock that would make my day.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

So I see this must have pissed Spies off and when he heard this before getting pushed he decided to do one himself.

Rossi and Lorenzo the war is gonna start all over again who will be the first rider out of the two to get pissed off at one another lets wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

A very

High five B.B......

I just luv watching Stoner deck that RCV out , pegs , fairing , knees , elbows......the whole damed lot.....simply awsome!! .:lol:

Watching him slip/slide/drift his GP bike makes up for all that moaning/dummy spitting.....:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices