Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo sad and surprised at Ben Spies exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo sad and surprised at Ben Spies exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo sad and surprised at Ben Spies exit

MotoGP world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo says he is sad and surprised that Yamaha team-mate Ben Spies will leave the Japanese factory at the end of 2012. The Texan dropped a bombshell on the eve of his home race at Laguna Seca last weekend by announcing that he will leave Yamaha’s factory squad after a disappointing campaign. The 2009 World Superbike champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2012 17:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

oh dear, how times change ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UXfyxgZsk&playnext=1&list=PLDC78F2AC3ECEACE8&feature=results_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWIpvedLap8

and yes, Mrs Spies does look like a bit of a nutter.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

I read a

story that Mr M.Doohan got cought with some young teen in a night club cubicle......dirty old man:lol:.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Mary Spies

So she's seems to be having a pop @ Doohan and Rossi .... she couldn't be more wrong though, Doohan beat all the top guys before his leg injury in 1992 .. and he dominated 1994-1998 and Rossi did win a couple of titles on not the best bike and he also won on the nastiest beast, the 500 V4 2 stroke.

I like Ben, i really thought he was going to be a consistent podium contender, particularly after his pre-season form where he was very quick.... IF he goes WSB he will be a front runner of that there is no doubt and also he managed to do what another certain American didn't manage in many years on a top bike, he's won a MOTOGP race. ( almost 2 if you include Valencia last season when Casey out dragged him to the line ) 

Reply to this Topic
alex1212

Aug 10

alex1212 says:

oh well

ole ben ,,,my oh my ! looks like riding those bycycles you manage looks pretty good now!kinda feel bad for ya

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

What happened

After Ben's performance last year I expected him to be a regular on the podium. He's started a couple of races well this year then just seemed to loose his concentration after a few laps. I hope he doesn't go back to WSBK but he needs to find some form in the second half of the year.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Almost as bad as the italians

These texans talk about an inflated sense of entitlement what did she think yamaha was going to no bid with the contract, this isn't the Iraq War Mary although I am sure carmello/rossi would give the cheney/bush combination a run for their money in the jobs for the boys stakes, as Alex Jones would say "They are all scum".

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Someone who DOESN'T want Spies..

..is Marco Melandri, who has some pretty harsh comments about him in an interview with Italian journo Paolo Gozzi (who writes for Gazetta dell Sport). Basically Melandri says that he would much rather have Carlos Checa as teammate as he'd be much more capable of assisting with bike development. The article goes on to scorn Spies' setup skills, claiming that he has no understanding of setup, and that he and Houseworth only ever move the M1's suspension settings 1 or 2 clicks in an entire GP race meeting, which is why he's performing so badly in the factory team. 

Apparently this comes from the likes of Silvano Galbusera who worked with Spies in 2009 and who is Melandri's current crew chief. 

Seems like Spies' rep in the paddock isn't great, thanks largely to his loudmouthed and belligerent mother and clueless crew. He really should leave both behind if he goes to BMW.

http://www.gpone.com/paologozzi/2012/08/04/ben-spies-non-lho-scelto-io/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Spies

According to reports ,Spies rarely speaks to anyone in the paddock .

A quite bloke , that keeps himself to himself . Nothing wrong with that.

He must let his mother do all the shouting.....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I think you will find he speaks to Stoner his best mate in the paddock and Colin too.

A few things Spies should do if he has the guts drop his manager and tell Houseworth to feck off and start fresh if he puts pen to paper on a BMW contract.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Melandri another bitter Italian

only surpassed in his misdirected bitterness by one Andrea Dovisioso, this clown should be over the moon that he can nuzzle his wifes not unsubstantial jugs in a standing position, jumped up little dwarf. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices