Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gazzarossi

Apr 06

gazzarossi says:

Discrimination at Petrol Stations

Anti Bikers

Shell Paddock Petrol Station, Prestwich. ( Junction 17 M60 Bury New Road Prestwich, manchester. M25 3AJ)
Told I would have to pay first, explained I needed to fill up my tank and didn't know how much it would be, Then told I would have to remove my £500 helmet so they could see my face in order to be served.
I told them there was no safe or dry place to put my helmet.
 I told them it was discrimination but apperantly it's now company policy.
I use this garage quite regularily... But No More.
If you are a biker and also run another vehicle, Go Elsewhere
Goodbye V-Power, Shell, sponsors of Ducati!! (not on mine they ain't)
Time to clamp down .. I am not racist but if they serve people with full Burka's on then they should serve motorcylists with helmets on!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 August 2012 10:19)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Their number plate recognition doesnt always work on bikes. They want something on CCTV in case they get robbed.

You could always take your lid off until they turn the pump on and then put it back on again.

Or you could just go on thinking Shell have an evil plan to stop motorcyclists enjoying themselves.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Ah well mate...

Some do... some don't... some change their minds.. not worth getting too upset about it, I used to and it just takes up too much energy..

Take it easy   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

What happens

if you ride a bike,wear a burka and a helmet,do they (A) ask you to remove the helmet but not the burka (B) ask you to remove both the helmet and burka (C) tell you to fcuk off.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

I write

I just sit down a write a snotty letter to the head office sometimes I completely go into one and write about human rights etc. Try and get a staff name or description and you will find within a few weeks the policy will have been changed.  Like all retailers they react to complaints particulary letters to head office -but always make sure the letter is polite. Abuse never works. Arguements I have used in the past are:

No main stand fitted to modern bikes so rider must stay on board.

No where to lock my lid up

Other people wearing helmets/face masks/scarfs hoodies etc  

Getting mugged at the pump

The more of us that complain the more effective we will be at making a policy change.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

gotta say........

ive never been asked to remove my lid, or refused service unless i took it off first.. and i use whichever station im nearest to... 

i always get off the bike to fill up anyway, i will always lift my visor, and remove gloves.. before i even touch the pump..  dont know if this has anything to do with it, as in, it suggests that by my actions im not liable to 'ride off'?? 

personally i dont see an issue if i were asked to remove my lid....

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

never had a problem

at shell station just outside mold, always friendly and loads of bikers use it daily and particularly weekends.

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Old Chestnut

Yaaaaawwwwwnn!

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

consumer power

shop elswhere....simplez it's not worth the energy of getting upset

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Get

a cheaper helmet.
Don't see a problem here, surely a £500 helmet is as easy to take off as a 40 quid one.

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Total

I went for fuel a few weeks ago at morrisons but the que was massive. So I decided to go to the next local filling station that happened to be Total. 

They let you fill up and pay for fuel with your helmet on no problem. Luckly if I need to take my helmet off I can place in on my scoter foot board.:biggrin: But not for much longer as im getting a 125 gears bike, and won't have anywhere to but it like you. Front flip helmet coming soon me thinks! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices