Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Annual mileage

Hi all

Just wondering what milage you guys all do?

I have had my 50cc scooter for just over 7months and done around 1200 miles but don't see my self doing any more that 2000 by the end of the year is that high milage?  Just to add I have had it from new. Only wondering as I'm thinking of trading in in December for a 125

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 August 2012 17:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Mileage in itself

isn't the huge factor that it used to be (except to a dealer who uses it to knock prices down) - what's more relevant is how its been treated for those miles.

2000 miles a year is nothing for a looked after bike - even one that size.

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Thanks

Yeh it's been fully serviced, and the dealer loves it every time it comes in. He said its looks as good as the day it left the show room.

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

So...

Just out of curiosity what do you guys do milage wise in a year?

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

I do about

7000 miles a year as a fair-weather, weekend warrior :winkie: Although I reckon the mileage will be down this year due to the crappy summer and regular rainfall...

The highest mileage on this forum will probably be from Maxie who organises all the forum meets; I think she does about 20 odd thousand a year - and that's just from going to MCN days out! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
jbennison

May 04

jbennison says:

Mileage

When I was commuting I was knocking up 100 miles a day in (almost) all weathers. Great fun even in 2 inches of snow on a Friday afternoon. Scariest though was the one day when the wind was particularly strong and side on. Blowing me towards the centreline far too often for my liking. I was happy to get home that day for sure.

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Mileage

I use my bike all year round , both for commuting and pleasure. I do on average 10,000 - 12,000 miles a year.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Annual mileage

I ride all year round aswell. Mileage is typically 5,000 - 18,000 miles per year on the bikes. This year it's likely to be at the lower end of that range because my work contracts are closer to my house.

Reply to this Topic
Yamark69

Feb 12

Yamark69 says:

I commute

so I end up doingsomewhere between 18 and 20k a year in all weathers, well not snow! Think R1's are allergic to the white stuff

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Around

10k miles a year on the Buell and another couple of thousand spread over the other bikes.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Well

I've done 3000 miles since march in all bloomin weather between commuting and ride-outs... If i'd hav been brave enough i'd hav probably racked up another 300 this weekend instead of 150.... 

Thankfully pillion miles dont count but the t'other half has done 1000 miles in 2 weeks thanks to me leading him astray lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices