Skip to content

Discuss This Top jobs at MCN! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Top jobs at MCN!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Top jobs at MCN!

Got a passion for motorcycles? Love newspapers and the internet? Want to develop your skills with the backing of a major European publisher working on the world’s biggest motorcycling website and the world’s biggest selling motorcycle weekly? Then we have the job for you: Junior writer We need someone who’s passionate about writing and who's looking to step up to a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 August 2012 14:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Job ?

Is a heavy bias towards anything with a Triumph badge a pre requisite ?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Not necessarily

You could, for example, also choose not to report that Suzuki has slipped to #10 in new bike sales, selling fewer than 1 new bike per dealer per week in July.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

New Triumph Ce0 to be reviewed

I see that I am due to have the "pleasure" of next weeks MCN dropping through my letterbox with more Bias to Triumph (on top of the Triumph sales pitch that was this weeks MCN). Time to cancel the subscription I think.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

nigel

It couldnt be that triumphs are great bikes could it ? if not there are a lot of silly people out there test riding then then buying them,personally i dont think there is a bad bike built today in england/japan/germany.it is that bit of character that sways people triumphs way.Also there is nothing wrong with being patriotic,something in abundance in japan and germany.as always though our country is full of people that cant wait to knock britain.sad.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Sprint

Try using capitals for the names of countries.It will then make it seem that someone who has had at least a primary education has posted as opposed to a family pet. 

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Website

Hurry up and send your CV's in, the website has become a crock of s***.

It is very infrequently updated now (hey even the BBC is getting scoops on MCN so thats how bad it is).

Raise the bar guys. You are in trouble. 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Flash.

Although it's not in the job description above, I take amazing photo's when not masquerading as an alter-ego crime fighter.  I'm also really good at catching flies.  Important note: I'm not a fan of lizards or Goblins...  Other than that, peachy as.  Surname is Parker.  Can start on Tuesday (only due to the bank holiday)...

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

MCN website is shite

Its needs a new website developer as, like others have commented, the current site is crap, little updating and full of adverts and animations make it a pain to use. Less than 20% of the front page is news, the rest...well its crap!

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Shite filter Job

Personally i think a new "shite filter job" would be ideal. It would certainly be busy judging by the amount of shite posted by some of the idiots on this site. The idea is you get rid of these idiots who slag off what is given to them for free!!! That includes the last post posted by some fool! Go away morons!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

User created content makes it into the print rag

The adverts bring in revenue.  Comments by users provide feedback to MCN about what we like and don't like about the print rag and their coverage in general.  For example: less about Power Rangers, please, more about Hein Gericke having found a buyer (but will it be "repair" or "strip for parts"?) and Suzuki UK silently circling the drain.

Whether the web site provides value for money is a different question, but it's not a zero-value proposition.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices