Skip to content

Discuss This Manx Grand Prix future direction decided TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Manx Grand Prix future direction decided

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports Desk  says:

Manx Grand Prix future direction decided

The future of the Manx Grand Prix has been decided. The Isle of Man Department of Economic Development and the Manx Motorcycle Club have issued this joint statement: Following discussions between the Manx Motor Cycle Club and the Department of Economic Development regarding the future direction of the Manx Grand Prix Festival, a provisional proposal and schedule has been agreed for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 August 2012 15:11)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MobileChicane99

Aug 12

It's now a sideshow - not a stepping stone

Very sad to see that the Manx is no more. My father raced there in the late 60's and throughout the mid 80's for nearly two decades. I went in 2006 and still have a bike ready for when money is available to race again. Now she'll never breath Manx air again. Good luck with the 'progression' of not allowing modern National Licence holders to race modern machinery. I hope your time warp doesn't infect the TT. I'll be going to Ireland from now on to watch real roads racing. Does anyone know if they asked the racers anything? I've not seen any serious consultation?

Reply to this Topic
racer245

Sep 11

racer245 says:

Like it

There are no free rides in this life, and I believe from the wording, I have seen, there will still be the stepping stone for the main TT races, but if they can finance it by wrapping around a classic TT I for one, salute a government that actually works out a system to save a great motorcycle race festival. At the end of the day, they have to justify the disruption the racing causes to the people who live there. I have never been to the Manx Grand Prix, but now there is more of a chance to see the bikes that were racing when I was to young to see them, I am going to book my ticket for next year.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Am i reading this right?

Does this mean that the Manx Grand Prix which as i thought was the amateur and also the starting and learning point for such a difficult and very dangerous road race circuit will now no longer exist?so if a young ambitious rider who would normally cut his or her teeth for two seasons at the Manx with no pressure to over perform will now have to cut his or her teeth in the real thing,and now become a very serious liability riding a track with very very fast time served professionals who are pushing the limits to only come up on a much slower rider who probably wont no which line to take into so many bends,is this not making a very dangerous(great race circuit)race circuit,very much more dangerous,if i have read this correctly then this seems like a huge mistake,and i hope i am wrong but this could lead to massive increase in injures which could threaten the TT its self in the very near future,this seems like a very bad for for both the TT and the Manx but most of all the future riders are now put at a much higher risk due to this move.

KCMC   

Reply to this Topic
Nealio

Dec 09

Nealio says:

Manx race titles

I'm confused! They are throwing around all these race titles without saying what type and vintage of motorcycles will compete in the races! I wonder if they know themselves.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices