You are in... Forums > General > General > Tankg Bags

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Tankg Bags

Any one use them? And could recommend any particular make? To fit a cg125?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Strangely

I've done loads of touring, so I thought it would be a good idea to get one.

Santa treated me.  :biggrin:

It's still in the bag it came in!!! :ph43r:

I tend to stick to my rucksack bungeed on the back seat, along with my Givi topbox.  The o/h used to use his all of the time.  Each to his own.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Yup

They're a godsend-i have a little one that holds everything i need to hand and in spite of my initial 'it might fall off' fear its fantastic :-)

My other half got a larger one and means he can keep all of the larger gubbins in it-also has a handy front pocket for sat nag because we're both fantastic at getting lost on a straight road...

They'll fit any bike but u need to hav a look for one thats not going to be too much of a pain to carry-bum bags are just as useful as are rucksacks....

Dont forget ur waterproof liners tho-fieldtrack apparently hav the cheapest and best oil skins to keep ur valuables in :-)

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Tank bags

I've used Baglux tank bags in the past but found they limited steering lock somewhat. Baglux are a decent make and the bags were well made however they can exacerbate the stretch to the handlebars for some riders and get in the way of the controls at full lock.

Nowadays I use hard luggage and only carry a document pouch/ map cover on the tank.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pyeo

Aug 02

pyeo says:

First time bargain

Oxford first time. Picked mine up at the BMF show for a tenner. Check out ebay.

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

As pyeo says

Oxford first time luggage. They can carry quite alot in the main compartment and it also extend's up for even more room. They also have two pocket's on the side and a third one that also double's up as a bum bag. It will also have carring staps that make it easy to turn into a backpack and has a waterproof cover. All in all quite a good bit of kit. Had mine over a year and I use it every day going to work and it still look's like new. The magnet's provide good grip on the tank. I think I paid £50 from Heine Gericke.

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Oxford

Same here, bought it to use with the CG, still use it when it's handy, even with a top box on - sling all my wallet, phone, house keys and that in it, visor cloth, ear plugs, buff, spare jumper in it and take it with me at cafés, map pocket on top.

Only thing to watch out for is that if you get grit or (especially) metal filings on the underside, you can scratch the tank up. Oh, and when you're stopped you can also end up with your key under the magnets folded up underneath the bag, hours of entertainment for bystanders watching you run around panicking.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

i got.........

mine from Lidl's......  bout 4 years ago.. £12!!! and to be honest, i think its as good as the more expensive bags.. removable magnetic base, built in waterproof 'map' pocket on top, loads of space and it expands.. come with a built in rain cover too... and it has shoulder straps so when you unzip the base, it is just like a rucksack..

this is the one... 5 out of 5 from MCN.... :biggrin:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Products/productsresults/Parts-accessories/2010/May/may1810-review-lidl-tank-bag/

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Tank bag.

I've never understood the appeal of tank bags. It will cover the fuel cap, it's likely to scratch the tank, it'll get in your way, you can't safely read the map on the move and it'll hold less than a rucksac, a tail pack or the combination of jacket pockets and under-seat storage. No?

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

rucksacks...

personally i wont ride with a rucksack... having something strapped to my back in the event i come off... i wouldnt want a bag full of whatever smashing into my spine!!!

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Blader,

Yes, but if you're only carrying what AlbertHerring described (and I reckon you wouldn't put much more in a tank bag) then there's no harm in wearing a small rucksac, I'd say.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices