Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ZX-6R stolen as accident victim lay helpless General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Kawasaki ZX-6R stolen as accident victim lay helpless

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Kawasaki ZX-6R stolen as accident victim lay helpless

While Glenn Hawkins lay injured after a serious accident, his Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R was stolen by a man posing as a good Samaritan according to the Bristol Post. Mr Hawkins was riding through Bristol city centre on 1st August to get his bike serviced. Despite traffic lights being red for pedestrians and green for vehicles, a cyclist crossed the road in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 August 2012 16:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

cyclist

While the actions of the thief are heartless and cynical, they are not surprising as this could happen in any city in Britain.  There are plenty of low-lives around who would take any opportunity to profit from somebody elses misfortune.  But at least if he is caught there are charges under law that can be brought against him and there are victim compensation schemes.

But what of the deliberately dangerous actions of the cyclist?  What action can be taken against him?  After all, if he had not done as he did the thief would not have had the opportunity.  But the injured party can only take a civil action against him which, even if he is successful, he has little chance of recovering any money from as the cyclist does not need to have insurance.  And if he is prosecuted for going through the red light he will only get a small fine with no record of the offence leaving him free to recommit at will.

How long is this going to be allowed to continue?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Billy!!!

"I truly hope that the thieving arsewipe's next shit is an angry hedgehog with syphillis"

Hey, I may be angry but don't start spreading rumours!

GWS Glen... & I hope they get your bike back & the scumbag who stole it... & remember, if you're offered cheap parts you could be lining this guys pockets, so encouraging him to do what he did again & again.

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

UNBELIEVABLE !!

I can' honestly believe what i've just read, i really do hope what goes around comes around !! Somebody must have seen this loser riding off, presumably with no helmet on ??

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Seriously WTF???

Firstly, sincere condolences Glenn, I too hope you get well soon and your bike back in one undamaged piece. I am shocked reading this story (but in today’s society not really surprised!).
Secondly, I am more surprised at the attitude of some of the posters below, generalising against minorities??
Don’t get me wrong. The cyclist who caused all this according to the report is clearly at fault and probably didn’t even do a Cycling Proficiency test? The thief should get the worst allowable punishment in law given the circumstances BUT;

Supermario – All cyclists should be hanged by their testicles? Really? Does your wild statement include MOTORcyclists? I assure you that I am a motorcyclist first, car driver second and cyclist third. We’re not all idiots. Some of us have an acute awareness of other road users due a keen survival instinct.
Prejudice against a minority 1.

(PS - I also agree with snev. Even in a real world where people do bad things we should still have the right to expect our belongings to be where we left them! It’s yours and society’s attitude that needs changing to make it unacceptable!!)

Igoldup / Steady2wheels / Bird1050 – (Racism) Surely you’re not suggesting that all Black people are thieves? Are you the same people cheering on black participants in the Olympics (or any other form of sport)? I wonder what your attitude would be if there was a black MotoGP star or the like?
Prejudice against a minority 2.

The above named are probably the first ones shouting when us motorcyclists are ‘hard done by’ because of PREJUDICE AGAINST A MINORITY??

Rant over – and to reiterate, I hope the pair b@stards who caused all this trouble are caught and punished severely because of what they’ve done, not who they are.

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

I have to say I completely agree with wak1309 and would just like to add that these situations are difficult when cyclists are concerned. I'd like to see all bicycles with reg plates and insurance policies (could be just a minor amount) however, that's difficult when it's children who are the cyclists! As motorcycle riders, we have to be ever vigilant when looking out for hazards and should always do our best to avoid such accidents but there are times where you just can't avoid a situation like this. So we rely on others around us to also show due care and consideration. I hope this bike is found and the thief gets ALL he deserves. The bike looks completely standard, do we know if there are any marks or suchlike which will allow this bike to stand out?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Yes wak1309...

"All cyclists should be hanged by their testicles? Really? Does your wild statement include MOTORcyclists?"

... as a motorcyclist of over 20 years I also include motorcyclists, you fkn dink!

And if you agree with snev in saying that a guy that left 10 grands worth of bike in the middle of London with nothing more than the steering lock protecting it, couldn't have done more to safeguard his property, then you're as big a twat as he is

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Society breaking down

Bloody typical.......SCUM!!! Society on verge of total breakdown. But,what happens when culprit is found,NOTHING!!! Suspended sentence,fined and community service of 200 hours for which he/she will do sod all,and the Coalition wants to cuts policing further when, quite rightly,now,the COPS are about as much use as the `TIT' they wear on their heads....... .......And as for the judges,don't get me started, saner people in RAMPTON.

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Not so

super....mario, I didn't really want to get into an argument when the focus should be all of us agreeing that this scumbag sh!t head thief gets a brick to his unprotected head but,

My point (as you so clearly misunderstand it) was that even in today's society we should have the right to find our belongings where we left them! I didn't see the news story about the London biker but I was agreeing with snev's post on this thread that "Anybody with an ounce of decency would not Steal." It should be socially acceptable to chop the robbing ba@stard's legs off, not socially acceptable that 'theft happens'!! I'm sure you'd agree that if punishments were stronger, less theft would occur...especially of the type in this case!

The other point about cyclists.... You're attacking a minority saying they should all be strung up by their testicles, and generalising (like I said, not all cyclists are blind, ignorant tossers!) Interestingly you'd happily see the cyclist punished more than the fkin thief?? You're what's wrong with society bud!!

Incidentally, I passed my motorcycle test in 1989 so I also have more than 20 years experience as a biker (I fail to see why that's relevant?) and how about directing your personal insults to the scum that deserve them rather than fellow bikers who just happen to disagree with your point of view?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

wak1309......

To try to "EDUCATE PORK" Is like hitting your head against a brick wall.... Cue Insults, Swear words and Dumbness of the highest order.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

opinions

we all have them so dont get too upset ppl, as for the essays being written the thief is more at fault the cyclist should be prosucuted i totally agree but the monkey bike stealing lowlife, has to at some point be killed or tortured e.g. i saw trap making him sorry and wont ever touch again!!!!but not being serious there so dont start crying about it ok. sleep well hoooommmmoooooosssssss

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices