Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: How much would you spend to get a decent used bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: How much would you spend to get a decent used bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: How much would you spend to get a decent used bike?

In next week's MCN we're investigating which used bikes offer the best combination of value, excitement, reliability and style. Senior editor John Westlake is forever singing the praises of his Honda VFR750 that he bought for £1500, whereas road tester Child is currently raving about a pristine Blackbird for £2500. So what's the minimum you'd spend to get a decent used bike? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 August 2012 13:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ghostmikey

Jun 12

ghostmikey says:

I've paid no more than £1800 for any of my bikes, infact I got my current Hornet for £1600 with 9k on the clocks, and in bloody good nick! Doesn't have to be expensive to be decent, and everyone's taste is different. It's not really a very good question tbh, and not one that you could really learn from either.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I paid

£3500 in March for a mint '08 Fazer 600 (dealer).

Reply to this Topic
Skinbeatersam

Jun 12

I paid £1150 for a scruffy 12 year old FZS 600 Fazer with 20k on the clock. Then got a pristine 10 year old, low mileage ZZR600 for £2500. The ZZR is the significantly better bike, and well worth the extra money.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

gsf600

paid 1150 for a 12 year old bandit. I've had people taking pictures of it to show to their bandit owning friends to show them how the bike is supposed to look. just put 20k on the clock. Copper grease is on EVERYTHING! :D

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Seriously.....

Who thinks up these polls?

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Sorry, but it's quite obvious

MCN has used up all the angles on the Rossi might go to Yamaha story so now they have nothing to print until he officialy desides.

Come on Rossi, the choice isn't that difficult.

Sign on the dotted line , give MCN something interesting to write about and let Dovvi and a few others get on with their lives!

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Depends

The minimum I would spen on a Divvy is different to the minimum I would spend on a GS1150 which is different to the minimum...  The question is basically non-sensical unless there is some context around it.

How much I can afford to spend on a bike right no (new or old) is exactly zero.  :(

Reply to this Topic
richardleonardadi

Mar 06

cheap as chips...

Going to be smug, got given a  Honda VFR750 1989. With only 13ooo on the clock from new, FSH and all the books and documents with it. Been Standing for 5 years just a full service and used it loads of times.

Mint. Went to the NEC last year on it and used it all weathers. Never missed a beat.

Its a bit heavy and slow but good  solid bike. Love it....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Whatever it costs....

To get the best bike I could, in the best condition, so that I can add to my collection.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Wouldn't get a bike that I couldn't afford to leave in a ditch

Go on, nick some of my bikes, you'll be doing be a favour.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices