Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Do you think you'll end up riding a classic? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Do you think you'll end up riding a classic?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Do you think you'll end up riding a classic?

Judging by the numbers of people attending events such as the recent Festival of 1000 Bikes and Stafford Show, interest in classic bikes has never been greater. So do you see yourself ending up pottering round (or indeed thrashing round) on a classic bike? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 August 2012 13:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
harataiki

Jul 12

harataiki says:

Having just started riding in the last few months, I didn't want to start on an expensive classic and drop it because of beginner mistakes, so I ride a 2006 Honda XR125 right now, but give me a year and the finances to do so and my next bike will hail from the 70s or earlier! grown up around classics love them to bits.

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

Missing Option?!

A good poll! I have to say I absolutely love fast, race bred sports bikes and enjoy a good twist of the grip on a familiar A road but surely an option is missing? I've gone for 'Definitely. Speed is over-rated', but what about 'I love my sports bike however I'm always eyeing up classic bikes'?! Looking forward to picking up this weeks copy later today! P.S. Wanting to see Rossi rejoin Yamaha, Cal joining Hayden on factory Ducati and Scott Redding on a satalite Ducati with (heres a curve ball - Leon Haslam!)

Reply to this Topic
ghostmikey

Jun 12

ghostmikey says:

depends what you define as classic. 'See yourself riding one' is in the future, and bikes that aren't at the moment will become classic's eventually, or are we going by old british and american classic bikes here?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Brough Superior SS 100

I would like a Brough Superior SS 100,however finding a mint one would be very expensive. Even then it would be as a second bike if i could afford one for the odd occasional jaunt. However,i like the retro Kawasaki W 800 which gives you the best of both worlds.......Olde worlde looks,modern suspension,electrics and that fantastic bevel gear drive engine. Again though it would be a second bike.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Do modern classics count?

A buddy of mine I hadn't seen in a few years opened up his garage the other day to reveal an RG500, RD500, RD350 and an OW01, anyone of which I would be happy to have a ride on.

I've also been eyeing up the RGV250's recently. You can still get one for decent money if you look around. First bike I ever raced!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmmm

Hope he Keeps them well secured.(Cue mindless Insults........)

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

How old does a bike have to be before it becomes a classic?

I have a feeling that there are lots of classics about at the moment and recent past that I will be happy to carry on riding in 30 years time :)

I can't wait to bore some smuck about how the s1000rr was a game changer, how the MV F4 is just sex to look at or about the 999 I once had

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

chriswren

I'm with you there, age does not change a classic bike's appeal, there are many modern classics including the ones you have mentioned, that will always be classics due to design or other factors including numbers produced.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Too slow and heavy

Why ride a slow 800 twin when you can get a quicker, lighter, more fuel efficient bike for less money ? Only one reason - retro fashion. These bikes look nice but I'll never own one because the retro styling often means a compromised design.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

SNEV

Besides the bikes I've mentioned there is also a race prepped R6 and some very nice new mountain bikes and nice tools. Are you suggesting that my friend is wrong to keep his garage well secured?

Your new avatar looks like a troll Snev.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices