Skip to content

Discuss This Horex VR6 first ride: "It feels slick and classy" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Horex VR6 first ride: "It feels slick and classy"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Horex VR6 first ride: "It feels slick and classy"

Two long years have passed since the ambitious Horex project was first publically unveiled and now, at long last, we can tell you what it’s like to ride. The all-new, Augsburg-based factory has so far completed two production machines (all the bikes are hand-made) and we were granted a world first, exclusive test ride. One prod of the starter button and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 August 2012 12:05)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Unique Engine

Please post a video with decent sound quality ! Please !

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Let me see...

No. sorry, Can't look at it without feeling sick. It reminds me awfully much of the Yamaha BT1100 Bulldog. Vomit-inducing. And there's no way anyone wants to look like they're riding one of those. Restyle, add all the necessary `modern` features required, y'know, new-fangled gadgets like traction control, centre stand and grabrails, show us the engine can do 160 miles per gallon not just a completely irrelevant 160hp in a sit up and beg 70's style roadster, and we'll talk... in about fifty years.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks an amazing bike. best of luck to them for going this innovative route.

Reply to this Topic
vontrips

Aug 12

vontrips says:

Horex

It's an expensive way to resurrect the Horex brand. I cannot see in which niche this bike will fit.

It's not only the initial purchase cost, but where do you get your service done on such a complicated machine, if there are hardly any dealers?

The maintenance costs will be prohibitive, I think, and I can't see many on the roads in years to come.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

70s style roadster?

..twin spare alloy frame, USD forks, radial monobloc brakes, single sided swing arm, and a V6 as narrow as many fours, that's not quite how I remember them.. Good luck to Horex, I think it looks quite tidy. But when is someone going to make a compact in-line five - better secondary balance than any other configuration, lower inertial torque than V4s or cross plane I4s, much of the advantages of a six without the extra camshafts and porting difficulties of a VR6, or huge width of an I6?

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRxxWgSEDKM  It sounds ok, not keen on the looks

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Great for the...................

......................"look how much money I earn" brigade but a waste of metal for everybody else. Who needs 160hp on a sitty up bike.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Not my cup of tea

but it would be suited to a certain type of bandit rider.

I think the only thing stopping these selling over here in the UK is the delership support. There dosen't appear to be a single , official , dealer over here. A drive to Germany would be nice but its not something you want to be pressured into :).

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

jimbo8098

what? are there no dealers set up in the UK yet? I would at least like to see a bike and a test ride would be good, a V6 is a lovely engine normally but I fear the price will deter many as has been mentioned already.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

P.S.

Sorry about the avatar but a certain SUPERMARIO Likes that sort of Image, it reminds him of his "Sincere" Side.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices