Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

Ducati has officially announced that seven-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi will leave the factory team at the end of the 2012 season. Rossi joined the factory Ducati team in 2011 after winning four world championships with the factory Yamaha squad, but failed to gel with the Ducati, claiming a best result of second in the rain at Le Mans in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Hedgehog

Crap analogy, as back then the 'someone' was wearing the spikes and Bolt was wearing the Doc Martens.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Bob

Someone upset you today or what, calm down there kid its only Rossi going back to Yamaha :-)

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Of course there won't be three firsts at the end of season, the bikes a heap of shit. That's what happens when the guy in charge doesn't listen to the experts.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Doctor Marten's shoes?

Eh? Perhaps you hadn't noticed RacingFan but Rossi hasn't been racing a chopper on Chin Shen's. That's as ridiculous an analogy as I've ever read. A better one would be Adidas versus Puma. Like for like,  not Chalky Apples and Cheesy Oranges.

Anyway, good riddance to the flaky ego from Tavulia. Let's see some young fella's with real testicular fortitude show how the D16 should be ridden.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

No mate ridiculous is you reckoning Ducati are in the same league as the Japs. If the Duke was as good as addidas I’d have used that analogy. I was even been unfair to Docs I reckon ‘cos they’re great boots!
Its getting like comedy central on here.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nosto

Again has someone upset you today, no sorry i forgot you never say anything constructive.  Lets hope for your sake that Rossi does not win on the Yamaha as you will be in for some reet shite next season.  You should learn from a certain Ben fan who told all on here that you wait until Ben gets on the 1000' then  we will see him win races.  Now the "FACTS" and not the "what if's" tell a different story. 

I bet you wont see any MotoGP racers saying at this point Rossi is washed up as they know it may bite them in the ass big time as its never a good thing to write Rossi OFF.  Just like Stoner did back in 08 at Laguna when he was a second quicker in practice, and looked what happened in the race. Not saying Rossi is guaranteed to win, but it would be foolish to write him off.  Roll on 2013.  Its just a shame Stoner wont be on the grid too and make it better to watch

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Anyway dunno what’s up with some people today. I thought today’s news would be music to the ears for Nostro, Old Bob and the like. Finally all your wisdom and theories will be proved right that Rossi is past it and too slow to compete. The rider not the bike and all that.
So as the No 2 rider on an M1 Yam you guys have nowt to worry about he’ll continue coming in 7th to 10th. No more podiums because the rider is crap anyway. You should all be sat there extremely satisfied with your convictions and belief knowing next year you’ll be right.
But spare a thought for those of us who suspect you’re wrong!
Wish Casey was still with us next year that would have been great for the sport.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Firebird...

That's what I meant... hence the word IF... :blink:

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostro the fool

Rossi will podium first race next year and even though he shouldnt be able to beat lorenzo anymore...if lorenzo makes some mistakes or gets hurt...rossi will pounce. Im sure you will foolishly maintain your hateful irrelevant opinion next year by saying...of course rossi is on the podium hes on the best bike, he couldnt do that on the ducati like stoner. Nobody cares about the ducati anymore loser and stoner couldnt do on the honda what rossi did....back to back to back

Reply to this Topic
paso456

Jun 10

paso456 says:

Rossi's Departure

I never was a big fan of Rossi, but good luck to him......but I think Ducati could have spent his contract money more wisely...however Rossi has everything to lose on this move......but that aside.....I can see that many are counting  Ducati out......big mistake....you will see a major difference in the Ducati operation next year!.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices