Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

Ducati has officially announced that seven-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi will leave the factory team at the end of the 2012 season. Rossi joined the factory Ducati team in 2011 after winning four world championships with the factory Yamaha squad, but failed to gel with the Ducati, claiming a best result of second in the rain at Le Mans in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lanos

May 07

Lanos says:

Rossi FAILED!!

Rossi, who many claimed to be the Greatest came to DUCATI and failed.  Simple really.  Casey Stoner proved it wasn't a bad bike and even won the Championship with the bike.

Nicky Hayden has out qualified Rossi many times this season, so it shows the bike s capable.

Rossi in my eyes has gone back to Yamaha with his tail between his legs. 

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

...And Rossi Lanos, like many really gives a fuck about your opinion. Rossi went there and gave it a go, it didnt come off, so you move on. If that makes him a failure and a shit rider then more fool those who think it. Yamaha obviously dont think hes shit do they !

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Yeeessss!!!

Excellnt news, Now then lets see who really is the best next year, i already know the answer, its always been Rossi, 9 times world champ and still people on this website think he's shite and over the hill???

Stoner by comparison was a good rider and managed to win a few times including the championship, he also won on the Ducati which gives him some street cred, however he was never going to be 9 times world champ.............. fact so get over it.

The people on here who say he (Rossi ) has had his day, well, you might be eating your words this time next year.

And Lanos, Rossi never claimed to be the Greatest (goat) fact is he is, his records speak for themselves so how you cannot understand that is rather strange. Tell me someone else who is 9 times world champ in this sport>>>>>

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

lanos

A little perspective here, although out qualified by Hayden due to not being able to ge the soft tyres to work he did on the whole finish ahead of him in the races and it is the races that count.

I don't care either way as being a race fan all i want is some good battles for the win. 

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

This is good in several ways

Of course this is a good move. How many races this season have Rossi's legions of fair weather fans not gone to or not watched because he has struggled so bad on the Duc? That is revenue that our beloved sport has missed out on. Fair weather fan or not, it's the bottom line that matters. I think Rossi will remount that M1 and have absolutely zero trouble getting up to speed, by the way. Having fought the Duc this whole time, getting back on something so smooth and refined as that Yamaha will be like a comfortable pair of shoes for Vale. I see MotoGP failing without some of that Rossi magic. At least a little more of it. I'm no particular Rossi fan, but I can plainly see the wisdom in this move.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Hey Nostro think we’ll have to beg to differ about your opinion of what you think is my opinion on the subject of time.
I am fully aware that “time stands still for no man”, sadly I seem to have suddenly arrived at age 43 somehow! The past 2 years of crap results could be down to age or his time passing……but I think it’s more to do with the red bike he was sat on. But next season will tell us more when he’s on decent machinery, and if Rossi’s time is over then you won’t get no argument from me....i just don't think it is yet.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Flawed engineering

Ducati are their own worst enemies they lost Stoner and now Rossi how long does it take before they realise their engineering is flawed and engineers dont ride bikes. The rider puts his ass on the line and when he does he needs confidence and feel. Melandri, capirossi, Hayden not to mention Burgess could'nt get it working Stoner was the only guy who could get anything out of it and it gave him stress related illness and enough front end crashes to satisfy Ruben Xaus. I just hope it does'nt ruin any other riders career. Thing is Rossi got the M1 working they just did'nt listen. 

Reply to this Topic
mezzer

Jul 11

mezzer says:

Ducati engineering

Thing is ducati paid a lot of money for Rossi and burgess to "fix" their bike, Ducati did do what was asked of them and still not improvement! So much for the development skills of the duo! Also Rossi has always won on the best bike out there, aprilia 125/250, nsr500, rcv, and the M1 was already being developed into a race winner by Yamaha engineers not Rossi! Goes to show that Rossi ain't all that!

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Ducati Engineering

According to Burgess' comments prior to the season start, Ducati was not really listening, as least to the end of doing something.

The bike Stoner was not the same as what Rossi has; plus, the Asian bikes got better, engine displacement changed; tires changed.

We will see what changes in the engineering department after the season ends!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Not only did Ducati not do all the things that Rossi/Burgess wanted, but what they did get took far too long. Honda brought out 2 revised bikes in the time that Ducati brought out a faulty ECU. Pathetic

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices