Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

Ducati has officially announced that seven-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi will leave the factory team at the end of the 2012 season. Rossi joined the factory Ducati team in 2011 after winning four world championships with the factory Yamaha squad, but failed to gel with the Ducati, claiming a best result of second in the rain at Le Mans in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bulto..

Testing is more akin to QP. Rossi's race lap record from 2003 on the RCV was 2'03.822 but his pole time was 2'02.480

First test of 2004 @ Sepang in Jan his best was 2'02.750 where he was 3rd fastest behind the Hondas of Max - faster by 2 tenths - and Sete. They tested a couple of days apart and conditions were apparently slightly more favourable for the Hondas.

Second test @ Sepang in Feb - first with all the bikes on track at the same time - Rossi was 5th fastest behind four Hondas led by Hayden who was 7 tenths faster. Rossi posted a 2'02.746

Third test @ Phillip Island later the same month he was 5th fastest, again behind the same Hondas. Max was quickest again, 6 tenths faster than Rossi.

It is disingenuous of you to say he broke the lap record first time out without putting it into context and..I suggest it is you Bulto, who has the ingrained, subjective anti-Rossi agenda because it sticks in your throat that the man is a legend loved by many fans across the world. You are a bitter, sad hater who'd be better off sticking to F1 and mud-plugging, subjects you show more awareness of.

Perhaps you're the one who should be reading anonymous' first sentence again and pick your fkin game up a bit sonny.

Stop being a twat..we know you can be better than this.

http://www.simonevans.co.uk/v-four/gp1_2003.htm

PS. Trailler..Props = urban slang for "proper respect".

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Buffalo12

Apr 12

Buffalo12 says:

Lets hope there is a bit of realism

I am glad that Rossi has returned to Yamaha. He is a brilliant rider & I am sure he will be succesful at Yamaha. I just hope that both he & Burgess realise they are not God's gift to engineering regardless of the amount of PR that he, as the "wide-boy" lovable "cheeky chappy", can generate.

He has joined a list of riders who could not ride the Ducati or work with the Ducati design philosophy. No one, not even Stoner, has been able to achieve that. Yes, Stoner achieved a substantial degree of success on the Ducati but even he was not able to get it to the level of consistent performance that would result in a second world championship. It seems that Stoner, like Rossi, walked away from Ducati in digust and frustration.

My only hope is that Rossi's ego has been reduced to managable proportions and he does not restart his behaviours that destroy a team. He has done that at each manufacturer he has worked for. He is not a team player as he only has one interest in his life and that is himself and attempts to demotivate or destroy the others in the team. Mind-games? Of course that is one of his talents, though not one I admire. Only Hayden and Lorenzo have been able to resist his destructive attitude. 

IMHO Rossi is a brilliant rider with a brilliant PR machine but a self-centred, self-seeking person with some rather nasty behaviours. But it seems that character defects are the basis of success in the MotoGP business for it is a business and not a gentile sport. his approach may make him a champion again and that may be all that is sufficient or desired. If so then so be it.

I will always admire him as a rider, thrill at his skill & be amazed at his capability but that is all.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Anti-Rossi

It is really making me laugh at the anti-Rossi brigade posting their hatred. Because I know that everytime they are getting their knickers in a twist, you know that they realise that Rossi is going to be back on the podium and that is eating away inside of them. So please carry on spouting you hatred, just to confirm you are being wound up.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

who is bulto really?

Anyone else ever thought bulto has a double on here that has more or less the same hatred towards Rossi.
They back each other up regularily but both come out with the same bollox time and time again.
Oh and one of them normally gets his predictions wrong!

I agree Firebird3 that now he has signed to ride a factory Yamaha something most of the haters said would never happen that they now are shittin themselves because they know when he has a decent bike under him he wont be finishing where he is now and once again they will all be proved wrong.
He may or may not win the championship but he will win races,again something the Stonerettes would never happen.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tremendous post from Buffalo..like to see more of that.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Cheers Wosi

I was sitting here thinking "what the hell does props mean" . I blame old age........:lol:

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Buffalo

Unfortunately the ego of Rossi, much like that of Ducati, will not be crushed. They will both blame the other and continue as they were... This is, after all, the nature of Italians

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Very interesting to know that Chris I thought it was the rider that mattered more and not so much of the bike well according to Rossi. He is a great rider no doubting but also the biggest flop to have ever ridden the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

I believe ...

"IMHO Rossi is a brilliant rider with a brilliant PR machine but a self-centred, self-seeking person with some rather nasty behaviours."

... that Rossi is a sociopath.  And I don't mean that as a wind up to all his fans, either - it's my honest opinion.

Sociopaths are often highly-charismatic people and the absolute masters of mind games and manipulation.  The wolves in sheep's clothing ... bad motherfuckers.

Ever wondered how Rossi could categorically assert that he would continue on in MotoGP just two days after being involved in Simoncelli's death?  Learn about sociopaths.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Like its me or Jorge, putting up the wall in the middle of the garage and also banning data sharing the nasty side of the Italian icon.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices