Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati

Ducati has officially announced that seven-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi will leave the factory team at the end of the 2012 season. Rossi joined the factory Ducati team in 2011 after winning four world championships with the factory Yamaha squad, but failed to gel with the Ducati, claiming a best result of second in the rain at Le Mans in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Stoner left Ducati because he couldn't tame it anymore.

Well in 4 seasons with Ducati he scored wins and podiums and in most of the races he nailed Rossi on a poor bike not only that he even blocked Stoner from joining Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Stoner didnt

bottle it , he got fed with the way he was treated . He did his time , and gave them there first WC .

Rossi hasnt bottled it , he and his crew have given up .

Rossi's self belief ( or ego or a mix of both ) is what made him sighn for team Duck , him and his mate Burg were adamant they could turn the Ducati around .

They probably both believed the hype that was written about them in the media........genius this , genius that .

This is the first bike they have had build from scratch , from the bottom up , a bike with some serious handling and drive problems , and things havent worked out for them . Okay , Rossi , Burg and the rest of the crew maybe only 40-50% of the blame , and Ducati the rest .

Rossi , Burg and Ducati have handed there own arse's to them selve's , they have shot them selve's in the foot..........shit happen's , this is racing....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

Double standards or senility and memory loss?

Tremendous post from Buffalo..like to see more of that.

Exactly the same as I have said more than once but you dismiss it as bollocks...

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

YamahaGYTR

Well in 4 seasons with Ducati he scored wins and podiums and in most of the races he nailed Rossi on a poor bike not only that he even blocked Stoner from joining Yamaha.

In 4 seasons rossi finished ahead of stoner 3 times in the championship,yamaha have stated they never tried to sign stoner.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No Matey..it's not.

Only last week I complimented you on a couple of your comments. When you want and aren't grinding an axe, it can be a pleasure.

When you write lazy genaralised tripe that has no basis other than in fanboi folklore, what do you expect?

Like I said..you can do way better.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Trailler

Build a bike from scratch????? Rossi is not the the engineer or design team. He gives the feedback from when he rides the bike, that's all. But it seems that the Yamaha/Honda development team could deal with all the problems that arose, whereas Ducati can only take it so far. So your 40-50% blame at Rossi's door is way off the mark. For the development side, he can't be blamed at all. All he can be blamed for is not riding around the problems, but then he was never brought in to do that, he was brought in to set the bike up so everyone could ride it, but they soon found out it was rather more than a setup problem and  Ducati didn't have a clue to solve that problem.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Fair play Rossi finished ahead of Stoner in those 4 seasons apart from 2007 and 2011 but lets look at things now Casey is laughing at Rossi enjoy that :)

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

But

Everyone is laughing at Spies.............................................

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Please dont

i'l cry myself to sleep over that one (by the way you didnt ignore me cos you posted you dick)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi - there is an element of generalised tripe by all on here at various times. It's pretty much impossible to have a sensible debate without the usual interjection of personal or rider insults when things don't go someone's way.

Sure, there was an elelment of baiting in what I said but the bottom line is that it was a resonse to contest what you call fanboi folklore with one poster making ridiculous statements about Rossi's achievements. Some will still have anyone willing to listen that he simply cannot put a foot wrong. His word on bike development is gospel, his titles were won on merit whist others have simply lucked into them mainly because exceptional circumstances prevented Rossi from winning them himself. They will not have it that other riders are equally as good. No-one is good enough to beat a fit Rossi on a bike he is confortable with. You've even questioned the integrity of Doohan's wins on another thread...

Rossi's tenure at Ducati has been a disaster for his reputation - that's reality, regardless of what spin anyone cares to put on it. But, I've never said I don''t think Rossi has been a brilliant racer, I wouldn't rule him out of winning more races back on a Yamaha - but head and shoulders above everyone else - no. Most yes, all no. Out of his comfort zone he has looked 'ordinary' and very uncomfortable. Next year will be interesting. His only cometition will come from Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez. If he doesn't podium regularly I'll be surprised, but given the stick Spies has taken, it should also be considered as further failure.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices