Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Moaner

I agree with you, it would of been nice if the Ducati/Rossi partnership worked but It hasn't and both parties are coming away from this ordeal with red faces and burnt fingers.But what else can Rossi do if he wants to be competitive.

Undoubtedly he doesn't have long left in MotoGP and the choices of what to do and where to go have been hard to make. Either stay at Ducati and wait to see if it ever is competitive to try and clinch that record of winning on 3 different types of manufacture. But how long will this take? how long is a piece of string. Or use his remaining time in MotoGP to get on a sorted bike and maybe get back to his old competitive ways, mix it up at the front, get on the podium, possibly win a few more races in his career or maybe just maybe take a championship. Who knows? Both decisions were a risk just as it was back in 2011, Rossi took the risk of moving to Ducati. Risk taking is prone to failure that's why its called a risk, there are no guarantees, you go out a limb to reach for the fruit but sometimes its always that stretch too far which in this case it was. We know that and so does Rossi, so we shouldn't brand him as a quitter he has tried for 2 years to sort that Ducati, all parties involved in that team have tried. I admire him for taking the risk because there are so many people in life who are afraid of failure and look back and say "I could have, might have and should have". Whereas Rossi can say I did, got the T-shirt and joined the club of people who cannot ride the duke, lets move on

"Ones best success comes after his greatest disappointments".

Reply to this Topic
mcleanie

Jun 04

mcleanie says:

Chrisb970

well written

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

coz69

i wouldn`t bank on him winning anything if i were you....anybody here think he`s gonna get back on the yam and beat jorge or dani????......because he`s going back to yamaha will not guarantee rossi winning...the days of hayden,gibernau and the other mediocre rivals he had are long gone......i hope he can battle at the front like he used to but i fear lorenzo and stoner have moved the game on

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Simon

Read my post bud. Rossi can't bank on himself winning neither can we. But if he doesn't swap he will never know. He knows if he stays at duke there is a pretty good chance that he won't win, just look at the stats. But Yamaha is familiar yet uncertain territory now and that's why he is taking the risk he won't know if he can win unless he tries but the odds of winning again on the Yamaha compared to the Duke i believe are in his favour. But we will just have to wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Cal

Should stay far away from that duke. Have another year on Tech 3 be patient. If Cal stays at tech 3 he has the best advantage. If he can repeat what he has done this year next season and continue in his current form then he will be in a strong position. Think about it if the Duke turns out to be naff still then he may find himself finishing in front of the Dukes as he has done quite well so far this season. So in turn it will means he has dodged a bullet to the head (career). 2014 is supposed to have cemented rules, more teams and maybe more opportunities. If it pans out like that in 2014 then he may well get the opportunity to ride a factory bike for a sat team or maybe a factory team. If the Ducati Turns out to be good then he will need to build on his current form and just try to impress, The tech 3 is an impressive bit of kit definitely not inferior machinery so either way he will be in a strong position but just with less money. He needs learn from the bloopers he has made (mainly with opening his mouth) and he needs to learn how to go about business and negotiate, the proper way.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Great...

Ducati can get back to the monocoque chassis project that 'his worship' told them to dump.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Ducati should..

..draw a line under this sorry fiasco now. Terminate his contract and let him sit out the rest of the season and give someone a chance who wants to be with Ducati and wants to race the bike, they have half a season (almost) to start with a clean sheet. Nothing more will come from the Rossi / Ducati partnership.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I think every rider apart from Hayden will want to stay away from that Duke

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

vtwinmark

Not a bad idea but won't happen. Politics, sponsors, budgets, corprate blah blah blah

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

As a Ducati fan, this is disappointing but it was inevitable. Rossi wants those 2 championships that will take him past Ago for the crown of all time great. It will be fantastic watching him chase it. Not sure about the comment that Lorenzo/Stoner have moved the game on. Stoner wont be around and for Lorenzo, remember Barcelona 09 !...that wasnt too long ago. As for Cal, it would clearly be a mistake if Ducati offered him a contract. The tech3 is at the moment a better handling bike than the Ducati and he cant keep that on the rubber. Its too powerful for him and it would be a disaster. If Ducati were prepared to throw silly money at Rossi for him to stay, then if I was top man at the red camp, I would be in touch with Stoner and throw all the money at him and the development of the bike. The question is how far off are Ducati from having a competitive bike. Its already known its the most powerful on the grid, so how long will it be before they get the right balance between power delivery and handling ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices