Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

marquez

would be soooooo please that his dream to beat rossi would arrive soon. wonder if he could realize his dream in 2013. equal bike. no experience in 1000cc, but hope he learn fast. even bradl could beat him in moto2. so it's still 50-50. like stoner said, marquez is just so confidence and think he more good than stoner. wow. i'm surprise read it.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LORENZO

imposible if he receive salary less than rossi. i'm sure 1000% that he at least get the same salary with rossi.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

money for old rope

Yamaha should invest in a  younger up and coming rider than rossi,bad move on yamaha i think,only time will tell when JL kick`s his ass again....

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

YESSSSSSSSS!

The best news for a long time.

Still, it will not stop the crap on here next year.

You can predict NOSTRO and Co.s comments already when every race finishes in a Lorenzo/Rossi one, two. (Not nessesarily in that order!!).

Oh, Rossi is only winning because Stoner isn't their!

Yeah, right. Ha, ha, ha.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

MOTOKING

I am sure I saw a post from you some time ago that Yamaha would NEVER re-sign Rossi.

What happened with that then?

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

MOTOKING

I am sure I saw a post from you some time ago that Yamaha would NEVER re-sign Rossi.

What happened with that then?

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Who failed who?

If any of you had paid attention the last 10 years, you'd realize that Ducati engineering does whatever the hell they want then expect the rider/team to deal with it.  This is how Ducati works.  And you've seen it in all the riders' disappointed faces at the end of the day.

No rider develops anything.  No team manager develops anything.  The rider gives feedback.  The team logs data.  The team manager interprets that combination of information and gives it to engineering.  Engineering comes up with solutions.  Sometimes, engineering teams try something completely different from what the team manager asks for.

JB/Rossi knew what they were getting into.  Countless interviews and articles said as much as soon as they confirmed being signed on.

When you're given a piece of equipment that isn't what you asked for and isn't up to par and are expected to make it shine, you finish at the back or you bin it.

Is that really considered failure when you are forced to ride an inferior machine that doesn't handle well where it's needed to?  Is it considered failure when, after all the feedback and data and suggestions, the Ducati engineering department does whatever they want instead?

It is bad enough that Rossi isn't winning.  It's worse that Ducati isn't providing equipment that can be won on.  It's even worse still that Ducati engineering has an ego bigger than Rossi and it shows in the final product they design and force upon the team.

So, did Rossi really fail?  Or did Ducati fail Rossi/Burgess?  Yeah, their reputation is tarnished from this.  Even I can see what happens is beyond their control.  I have every feeling in my bones that the only reason JB is in Ducati's garage is because if they want Rossi, they had to take JB too.  But it didn't mean Ducati had to listen to him.

Realising they will never get what they need out of Ducati and cutting their losses is not giving up at all.  It's called being smart.

While Jorge has 2 recent years on the Yamaha whic feels completely different, sure Rossi will have to re-acclimate.  But it won't be long before he fighting for the top step.  He didn't lose his abilities overnight when he went to Ducati.

The trick with being back at Yamaha and Lin Jarvis is going to be if Burgess will have any influence at all.  As Lorenzo is the #1 rider in the garage, will the # 2 side have any say?

My personal opinion is that Rossi will be more competitive and consistently so on the M1.  But more importantly, I see Rossi as a tool in a big "money grab."  Yamaha needs the sponsorship money and that's their end game, not making Rossi as competitive as Lorenzo.  I personally think Rossi is being used.  And if JB is allowed to come along for the ride, it might be a fomality/concession to Rossi just like it was a Ducati.

We'll know by the first race next season if they're happy with the switch or not.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Chrisb970 - you only have to compare the drivel which you referred to earlier, to the erudite text posted below - thanks to the likes of X2 and his efforts, there are glimmers of intelligence left on this forum.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

nicely put X2

very intelligent writing. Are you sure your on the right forum? but don't go now we need some more to offset the muppets.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Cosher

I think ive worked out Elbowz/GYTRs true identity....... its mummy Spies, it makes perfect sense now.

Both blind to the truth over Bens true ability, cant stop spouting shite, blame everyone but their boy........

and have saggy tits...

Rossi must still have faith in himself to move back into direct competition with the most complete rider out there. Cant wait to see how it pans out.

Just wish Stoner had hung around toi settle the arguments once and for all.....

P.s good luck with them fries in Burger King Master spies...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices