Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

more competitive bikes

Is what Moto GP is truly crying out for. theres possibly 10 riders out there could make a good fight of it ,given  the right bike. Ok the aliens, the elite would still be the winners. But the sport would be a better package.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Stepping stone to WSB?

According to GPONE, Yamaha are returning to WSB in 2015 and it should be big news in Italy as they have dropped showing MotoGP on TV in favour of WSB. Rossi will be involved in developing a bike for WSB. (please suppress your laughter, cynics)

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

ooo a constructure response

With facts and evidence tov back up and support the Spies was badly done to theory...... pppfffft

The cream always rises to the top ,no matter how hard you shake the bottle, and a turd that floats for awhile, soon sinks to the bottom of the bowl, then is flushed.....

Form is temporary but class is permanent.........

Signing a proven rider, who is backed with big sponsorship when no one has shown enough to have a better claim than him for the ride, makes perfect sense to me...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That X2 Glider is patent Rossi fawning claptrap

Rossi was signed by Ducati for millions with the expectation he would get them results on a proven, if a little rough around the edges, winning motorcycle. Both Rossi and particularly Burgess acknowledged this was a Ducati, they would not attempt to turn it into a Yamaha. It was fast but fickle. First and foremost Rossi would have to adapt - Burgess knew this, Rossi supposedly relished the challenge of a firebreathing machine somewhat akin to the old 500's. Adapting is something he has utterly failed to do. Remaining a very static passive looking rider with none of the body dynamic the likes of Stoner and Pedrosa put into getting the best out of their machines.

Do you yellow false idol worshipers really believe Ducati Corse are that bloody minded they merely dismiss the comments of their riders and build what they want regardless? What the fuck are they doing racing if that is the case. Such a ridiculous presumption is farcical nonsense.

Ducati and the Marlboro man spent another small fortune (over Rossi's exorbitant salary)  building machines they hoped would help Mr Rossi last year, ending up with an ali beam frame which Rossi tantied them into building. He again quickly dismiss frame nr.1 - the Zero, and is currently racing frame nr.2. Same as Stoner at HRC.

You can have all the static measurements for rake, trial, weight distribution etc etc as damn near to perfect as Jeremy Burgess' little black book suggest they should be. What can't be accounted for dynamically is the 66kg lump of lanky yellow rider that is completely unable to change, still expecting Ducati to build a chassis as sweet as the M1. If only it were that easy eh. We have seen and heard Burgess' frustration at his riders inability here over the past couple of years. I wonder if Jeremy will sign on for two more years. It's far from a given.

I expect Rossi to have a host of handling issues next year as well despite being on the Yamaha (Burgess or no Burgess). I jolly well hope Lorenzo puts the wall up too, although I suspect Uncle Carmelo will tear that down even if Jorge was to pay Rossi that compliment back. The old stager needs all the help he can get and his best Uncle is just the man to facilitate this. Remember how Ezpeleta months ago said Rossi would be back on a competitive bike. Completely out of line, but he's nothing if not a devious string puller.

It was very interesting to note Ducati Corse did not thank Valentino Rossi for his time with them. There's certainly another story here beyond Rossi's public bleating tantrums. and what was that "Let's stay together" hat at Mugello all about? 'Let me jerk you around a bit more Corse' may have been more apt.

Will Rossi perform better on the M1. Yes he should. Will he be a contender? No chance.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

ROSSI CAN STILL DO IT

Do you think he just forgot how to ride a bike fast ? answer NO. He can still win races and probably a championship too after all who developed the M1 into a winning bike it was Rossi, so i would say we could see a new t shirt saying DADDYS HOME BABY. No matter what there is no bigger name in MOTO GP than Rossi, and he sells bikes and that is what Yamaha want and need. I for one cannot wait to see him on a competitive bike again .

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

WHATS HAPPENING? WHAT HAVE I MISSED? WHERE'S MY KEYS?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"Know feck off dicks".

right on cue and predictable as ever elbowz (someone foresaw such a comment five and a half hours ago - gold medal to Chrisb970!), and in the context of that illuminating comment you've conjured up, it should be 'now', not 'know'.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostrodamus

my mis-spelt and mis-guided man; would you care to explain to us all what caused your extreme hatred and bitter view of Rossi - was there a traumatic experience in your childhood?  Perhaps a therapist could help.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

By the way

Where in hell is RevJenny ?  21 posts yesterday - today zilch.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

chupa - WSBK could be a very different place in three years time, hopefully back to racing a form of production bikes that the series was supposed to be about, not the MotoGP clones that we currently have in place.

Yamaha will be desperately needing a new 1000cc superbike if the current 2009 machine has to make do until 2015 ...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle