Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

More appropriate thread for this post..

I have mixed feelings about all this "Quitting Ducati and shifting back to Yamaha" business... I am happy in one sense because it will be great to see him back on a competitive bike and hopefully mixing it at the front again... BUT.... I would have like to have seen him stay at Ducati and get the job done there... Impossible i know as Preziosi clearly hasn't got a fucking clue what he is doing as proven by him selling out and asking Furasawa to "make him a better bike" - Rossi really has no choice but to leave Ducati... I mean, would you stay if you didn't have to?

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

... and so this unedifying spectacle finally ends. Let's have some actual racing now, eh?

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

All Filippo's fault?

It seems like cash-flow was a bigger problem than Preziosi's alleged incompetence. Even if he had an exciting new development on the drawing board, it would probably have taken them a year to get it into production. The Ducati riders still haven't gotten the updates they were promised early in the season so it's no wonder Rossi abandoned the project. Hope Audi can help give Nicky and ? a decent bike next year... Are the Yamaha's running Marlboro colours now then?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rossi

I honestly believe if Rossi was still in his mid/late 20's he'd have stuck with Ducati but he's 33 and he obviously want's to go out on a high, a few race wins and battles for the podium.

I'd have loved to see him stay @ Ducati but i also want to see him scrapping at the front each week, not neccessarily winning but at least being in the mix, LeMans was exciting because he was scrapping with Casey, Cal and Dovi ... we do need that each race, some people say that Lorenzo will wipe the floor with him but remember in the races he was less than a second a lap slower on a bike he had no confidence in at all so for sure he'll be up there, not saying he'll beat Jorge but he'll be up there.

Honda have cocked up, Dani won't win a MOTOGP title as long as he's got a hole in his ass and Marquez will be a rookie so they won't win the title next year, all i hope is the Ducati is competitive next season so we get more battles. 

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

rossi/yam

It's the classic partnership, tried and tested, hope VR can be successful again and let the ducati knightmare be a blip on his otherwise illustrious career.

I have to say im as happy as a pig in s**t today.. :-))))))))))))))

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

MotoGP as a championship needed this to see one of its best riders fighting it out at the front good luck Mr Rossi you will need it against a fast Lorenzo for the next two years.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

motogp needed this

yes, motogp needed this, big time. will be interesting to see what happens. looking forward.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Well...

I just hope Marc Maquez mixes with the two yamaha guys next year, or we are likely to see Yamaha 1 and 2. To be honest, I think this is bad news for MotoGP, since Yamaha will dominate. But that said, you can't have Spanish riders winning everything. Damn it Stoner... 2 more years... But one thing is for sure, Rossi will always have a red pimple from now on.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

about time

he will get a couple more titles then retire

will be some good racing ahead,

get cal on the duke he has the riding style to make the bike work,dovi should stay where hes at imo the duke will finish his time in moto gp he wont be able to ride it like it needs to be ridden

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

haha! red pimple!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle