Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Let's see..?

Who do you reckon is at the top of the Buttamasangy rating system?

The homesick farmboy..who pleaded for a bike that took his results backwards initiating Ducatis freefall?

Of course wosi is discounting the fact that had he stayed, said results no doubt would have miraculously about turned and young Stoner would be challenging the much improved competition for wins and a championship.

Getting beaten by your team mate on the same bike, who has never had a realistic sniff of top level titles riding a works Honda in 6 years, is obvously the main points scoring criterion for Bobs upside down book of ratings. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Choccy cam man

I'll thank you not to be speaking on my behalf with your ficticious inventions of what I said. There's enough utter tripe that flows from your keyboard as it is.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

He developed the RC213V from a cramped, 'Pedrosa-size' midget bike into the 2011 winning machine (grabbing 3rd in the world himself).

Did he really or was it Pedrosa's misfortune what made Dovi get 3rd 3 wins 9 rostrums against 0 wins 7 rostrums nice reading for the Honda reject.

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

Cant wait

Dont really care why or what happened, just looking forward to some great racing next year...It`ll be awesome to see the battles between them all, Shame Stoner is going because love him or hate him he sure knows how to ride...

Might book my ticket for Silverstone early i think...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I'm confused

Which direction is this thread going in? Has Benny managed, as usual, to turn it into an Andrea Dovizioso worshipping exercise? I think Ducati have dropped a bollock if they do sign him, although they've done Crutchlow a favour too, given the high profile nature of the Rossi disaster I think they should have shown some intent but signing AD (if confirmed) smacks of going around again for another attempt with the wheels jammed up and no-one in the cockpit.

Intent would be something like using a chunk of that cash they've just saved themselves to prize Stefan Bradl away from Honda or going wholesale and grabbing Maverick Vinales. Vinales is the grade required and while he's obviously in Moto3 at the moment he has exactly what Ducati need, grande cojones.

I wonder how interested in Corse Audi will be now and if Rossi leaving increases or diminishes their commitment to helping the project work. They must be asking some questions and wondering what they've gotten into.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It makes no difference..

..the bottom line is, the best rider in the championship for years is hanging up his spurs come the end of the season, whatever happens next will be a hollow victory for all concerned!..

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Team changes

Is it just me or is all the team changes better than the racing itself - keeps us watching.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Team changes

It certainly spices it up but when the dust settles I doubt the actual changes will make too much difference to the natural order or events. " The best rider in the championship for years is hanging up his spurs come the end of the season ", I thought he'd just re-signed for Yamaha, cough, stir, teehee

Does anyone think we'll have actually seen the last of Casey Stoner when he's gone? I've seen the talk of the odd wildcard, is that a romantic notion or a possibility? He strikes me as a single minded individual who sticks to his choices but banging out at his age and with his record (and health hopefully) it certainly offers the chance that he may feel like another go at some point. What do we reckon?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Jamie.

It's a nice thought, but I think Casey is just a regular guy with an exceptional skill for riding motorbikes. The rest of the circus is superfluous for him - give him a bike and he'll wring it's neck, sit him in front of a camera or push him out in front of the masses and he squirms. I think we'll see him having a crack at the cars at some point in the future, but I think we've seen the last of him on the big bikes..shame!..

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

It makes no difference - you can only beat the riders who have the cojones to ride.

It was Stoner's choice to quit at the height of his powers but it makes me feel sorry for the riders who have had to retire because of injury. Seems like a waste to me but he's happy to go back to Walkabout Creek and play with his didgeridoo and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Next season's winner's achievements won't be diminished in any way as far as I'm concerned...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices