Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

firebird 3

whats the matter mate not like reading the truth i have been watching rossi since he arrived in the field and since the dummy throwing at honda and since  then have found him a disingenuous champion.repeatedly beat on a factory bike by sattelite riders at the three manafacturers he,s been at then thrown the dummy and left never wanting to fight it out on a level playing field.but then again like a true valenteenie you result to a assault on the poster and not having a hard look at your hero.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Thanks wosi for that fair view of Spies season me thinks a ex champion of WSBK stubborn sad really but true.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well you obviously can't do that on a B grade bike become WC obvious truth. I think talking 2014 is way too early and who will have the title.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Dovi

Shame about having to settle for ducati , bad news for a great rider . Anyone know what Esperargo is doing? was hoping he might get a shot on the Tech3 .

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

torryboy

I have been watching rossi since he arrived in the field and since the dummy throwing at honda and since  then have found him a disingenuous champion.

He left a dominant hrc bike to ride a yamaha that had won how many wins and podiums the year before.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Good news for the sport in general, with Rossi on a decent bike and hopefully getting some wins again the viewing figures and race attendance should get back to normal.

I wonder if Rossi will still have the garage wall installed like he had when he was with Yamaha and Lorenzo last time??

If Crutchlow goes to Ducati then it's a shame, the only thing Ducati are fast at is ending riders MotoGP winning/top 6 careers. I expect he'll be returning to WSBK or BSB after his contract ends. A real shame as he rides well on the Tech3 Yamaha and I doubt Bradley could do any better, with hindsight they'd be better off keeping Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
DJCALVERT

Feb 09

DJCALVERT says:

what tremendous news it is to hear rossi back at yamaha. can't see anyone but yamaha winning the title next year with a team as strong as theirs. i was sad to see him leave back in 2010, and deep down i think he feels he made a mistake. can't wait to see him on the podium at the first race maybe even winning it. he made a statement a few years ago saying his career would end at yamaha, hopefully it will come true. Go ROSSIFUMI

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - hard lines in the Community Shield against Man Citeh, old bean.  looking forward to the trip to the heart of pie-eating country next Sunday?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Having read all the posts here, i'm reminded of when Rossi went to Ducati, euphoria reigned among his flock. History has a habit of repeating itself.  Here's to another 2yrs of excuses.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Maybe said before but...

View here is there will be a 'commercial split' in the Yamaha garage due to the sponsor Rossi has to bring. This won't be Philip Morris rather the assertion is monster - this will conflict with Lorenzos personal sponsor Rockstar = commercial wall. It begs the question, if Rossi leverages monster as sponsor, then who will tech3 have as a primary sponsor?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices