Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha announce Rossi's return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha announce Rossi's return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha announce Rossi's return

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014. The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career. Rossi first rode for Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I reckon it will be another car sponsor not Fiat be amazed if it returned.

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

GYTR

i'de like to bet it Wont be Audi ha

Yam will benefit financialy from some sponsor and how good for motogp to have the doctor back on yam and podiuming.

Shame stoner going so he could exact his revenge !

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

BB

My history at school wasn't too shabby but what's to say i'd do well if i went back? As Vale has 'quit' in his pathetic/costly attempt to make the Duke a winner then yes, i'm looking forward to him continuing his poor run.  

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

No way

will he be as bad on the yamaha as he was on the ducati.

And history has already changed if you take his work with the yamaha into account.

It had not won a race in a long time never mind a championship

Doctor rossi is and always will be a legend

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That would be something Audi sponsoring Yamaha with Rossi riding lol.

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

I believe that Fiat could return they left when rossi left

rossi s constant link with coca cola might come true and they might sponsor the yams

failing that monster might stump up some money for the team

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And history has already changed if you take his work with the yamaha into account.

It had not won a race in a long time never mind a championship

And we're all aware of the 'history' behind the winning Yam.

Reply to this Topic
maxyam

Jul 12

maxyam says:

a pity but

Shame about this, but suppose it will lead to more competition for Jorge when Stoner has gone.

I think Ducati are very much like Ferrari in F1- you either fit in and make it work or not; and usually Italian pilots don't.

There is also a bit of similarity between VR and Michael Schumacher- a sort of "come back"; think VR's shoulder injury etc. set him back much more that anyone admits. Still hopefully he can get some more wins before finally leaving MotoGP.

If you look at Audi (VAG) motorsport activities - Le Man & sports cars you could conclude that they are more likely to push Ducati into the direction of WSBK , say in 2013?

Also hope that Cal C doesn't go to Ducati- unless it is in WSBK as he hasn't really shone on the Yamaha M1.

Seems that in MotoGP only those riders from the lower prototype classes have a good chance of success;

best Brit hope is probably Scott Reading; don't think Bradley Smith has the "killer2 instinct?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Pacey

'Two more years of excuses'??????. Even if Rossi does give excuses, at least he has the bottle to keep on fighting.  Your bucktooth is throwing in the towel because his Mrs is pulling the strings and realises the Motogp circus doesn't revolve around him.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I dont think much will change in 2013 MotoGp  - one alien being replaced by another - just 3 riders in race for the championship (Marquez willl crash a lot) - Ducati still playing catch-up.        What I am looking forward to is 2014. Return of Suzuki with a competitive bike (two more works seats) possibly BMW joining MotoGp with a couple of works seats and Ducati sorted providing another couple of competitive seats.  10 works prototypes on the grid - now that would be something ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle