Skip to content

Discuss This Amputee soldiers helped back into biking General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Amputee soldiers helped back into biking

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Amputee soldiers helped back into biking

A charity is helping soldiers who have lost limbs in Afghanistan get back into motorcycling. Suzuki SV650s and Aprilia Manas have been adapted so amputees can ride them on a track. The charity, run by serving soldiers, already offers injured veterans the chance to take part in motorsport. Major James Cameron, Director of Mission Motorsport, said: “We now have a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 09:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Excellent - go for it Lads

When you think what some of these lads have faced - all the very best and enjoy...!

Reply to this Topic
carlosfandango69

Aug 12

Incredible

Saw these guys on the Telly the other day! Check it out: http://bikechannel.com/node/3028

Reply to this Topic
SVLydia

Apr 11

SVLydia says:

the bike experience

My brother is paralysed from the waist down after a bike accident on his TT600 leaving him fighting for his life. thanks to the bike experience (partnered with mission motorsport), created by Talan Skeels-Piggins he's now happily riding it again.

check out their sights:- http://www.tbex.co.uk/  and  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bike-Experience/101810996578296

i cant describe to you how overwhelming it was to see my brother dying in the ICU to riding the same bike he crashed on 6 months later. truly amazing, hats off to anyone who helps these remarkable people get back to a sport they truly love.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

This is good to see, well done to all involved :)

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Nice going to all involved.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

This article rather puts the bitching on here about other subjects in context. These ladies and gents deserve both our respect and support, which I am happy to provide where possible. The help being given to get them back to biking demonstrates the compassion and will to improve their lot by their comrades. As an ex service person, I find this both humbling and hugely uplifting. There are some good people in this world after all!

To all those who serve or did not make it home - thank you.

To all my friends who are still on patrol - you are not forgotten lads.

Reply to this Topic
scania1

Jul 12

scania1 says:

I can't help wondering at the futility of war where healthy young men on both sides destroy each others bodies in a mission to grab oil and resourses for the wealthy bankers, politicians & royals who use these young men as tools. I hope these guys recover as much as they can and use their experience to wise up the next generation not to be the pawns of the squires. Great to see them get back on bikes now and start enjoying life again. Perhaps they could consider organizing a bikers anti-war rally.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Proud

As an ex soldier i am proud of all who serve this nation of ours.

And a member of the royal british legion riders branch who raise money to help all exforces personel in thier hour of need ( POPPY APEAL )

Especialy those wounded doing the job they love.

I wish all the people who take part in mission motorsport all the best

Our armed forces are they best in the world, be cause its a volenteer service.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

Our armed forces need all our support, as would a bloke with only one arm riding a bike.

Some mistake surely.

Reply to this Topic
rossired

Jul 07

rossired says:

@Harry44, many years ago there was a one armed racer in the BMCRC series and he ws quick, so there is no reason why servicemen and women with these types of injuries should not have the same amount of fun.

Respect to all the armed forces and I hope the project goes really well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices