Skip to content

Discuss This Polita tests Panigale ready for BSB return British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Polita tests Panigale ready for BSB return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Laura Stevens  says:

Polita tests Panigale ready for BSB return

Italian Alex Polita is due to return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship grid later in the season as he continued testing the Ducati Panigale during the official test at Donington Park on Tuesday. Polita was running in Lloyds British Ducati colours and was working alongside Ducati Coventry’s John Hackett as the team continue the development work on the latest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 11:12)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Panigale

If DUCATI Coventry are working on it, it'll be a flyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

What upgrades?

If anyone has seen the OMG build process for the 1199 engine they would be forgiven if they thought that lighter con-rods meant the engine being sent back to Bologna. Crankcases Press, funny shaped main bearings, vertical split cylinders with wet liners pressed in. Aint no bench top strip.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Panigale

Mmmmmmmmmm interested in how it will perform but can't wait to see it in WSBK.  Still yet to try one but i don't think i'll be getting one.  I think i prefer my 1098s for looks.  Eddy998, do you work for Ducati coventry ? as i see you mention them a few times.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I think they'll have a lot of trouble getting this bike to handle at bumpy tracks with elevation changes. The engine-as-a-stressed-member does not work well on motorcycles. The engine vibrations simply feed back into the suspension, and the engine block give f@ck all flex. This gives the suspension too much to do. Although Stoner did win on the 2009-2010 MotoGP bike, it had the same problems. Ducati tried something new because it was a weight saving idea, and the bike is cheaper to build. On the road however, there shouldn't be a problem. The bike sounds great and has a heap of power for a twin.

Reply to this Topic
mbracing

Jul 04

mbracing says:

Panigale

Most of the Ducati WSBK teams aren't touching it at the moment. Road sales are good but the bike just isn't making it's way onto the race track... Shame!

and as for JHP... Hmmm. and this is from someone who had an engine build by them!! Not amused!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices