Skip to content

SUZUKI Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched GLADIUS 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GLADIUS 650 > Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched

Suzuki has launched a limited edition Gladius with Barry Sheene inspired paint scheme. The 1970s RG500 inspired bike will be available for a limited time from authorised Suzuki dealers at a cost of £6,399 - £300 more than the standard model. The bike will also come with a bellypan. The standard Suzuki Gladius is also available with £500 off the recommended retail price until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 12:17)

Post a message in GLADIUS 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MyFirstSuzuki

Apr 12

It's HORRIBLE, end of. Looks like a Mars Bar. YUK!!

Reply to this Topic
Oscus

Aug 12

Oscus says:

Frankenstein

Another parts bin/spray shop special. Built down to a budget, blinged up for a sting. Has more in common with Mary Shelley than the Great Man himself.
It's easy to knock it though, but what could you say was positive about it? Let me start...
If it fell off the stand it wouldn't spoil much. How hard was that?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

HMMM

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bikewisher

Jul 04

Bikewisher says:

Thank goodness it's only a limited edition.....

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Really?

Its, a fucking disgrace, how is that a Barry Sheene inspired bike,does it look like a racing bike? fuck no who is allowed to make these assumptions?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Bad Name

Name reminds me of the fascist Operation Gladio.

Reply to this Topic
DamagedDaddy

Aug 12

DamagedDaddy says:

Gladius

Why Is this bike slated so much? Yes the name could have been better but with a few mods it doesn't look that bad. Does it make me any less of a biker to buy one. I used to be part of the Sport bike crowd, sadly after an off I am no longer. If it makes me a dick head for buying one so be it, I have personalised it to my taste. F*** me if we all liked the same thing what a boring world it would be. So you lot don't like it, hey thats you choice if you can do better build one.............................

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Utter Disgrace!

Have to agree with the majority opinion on this one. What an utter disgrace to the memory of a sporting legend, the decals don't even flow with the bikes lines. Something like a GSX R Slab-side Rep would be fitting. If not, then certainly nothing less than the current GSX R, with proper attention to detail. What next? A Schwantz Van Van Rep??

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Don't do it Suzuki!

As most people here have said, this is not a bike to be connected with Barry Sheene. The sales of this bike must be stagnant so they have slapped a nostalgic paint job on to try and shift a few. They would do better to put some padding in the seat. Have you ever sat on one? Like sitting on a plank. Do as the others say and put this paint scheme on a GSX-R 750, then you will have a bike to be admired, not ridiculed.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No Gladius

@ DamagedDaddy – Well, I might consider a bike like the Gladius, except that Suzuki has never imported it to the US. Especially if Suzuki included a hard bag option (after riding both a NT700V aka Deauville and Elite aka Lead 110 with top boxes, lack of lots of locking storage on a bike puts it in the toy only category for me.

But I agree with the others that one of the GSX-R models would be more appropriate to commemorate Sheene.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices