Skip to content

Discuss This Supersport 600s: the alternatives First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Supersport 600s: the alternatives

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Supersport 600s: the alternatives

Ten years ago, speedfreaks were buying 600s in their thousands, runed on by their wallet-friendly mix of precision handling, insane engines and cutting-edge technology. But many have fallen out of love with these pocket rockets and are getting their kicks elsewhere - even the manufacturers seem to have given up. So what are the new 600s? Which bikes tick the boxes like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 August 2012 16:46)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Sales figures

...already show the Street Triple as the most popular so this survey won't show anything we don't already know. But the sales figures also show an increase of over 20% for adventure sports... so it would much more interesting to see if anyone would prefer a Tiger 775, Duke 690, etc, to a sports 600.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I have an 08 R1 and..............

.............a brand new this summer GSX650F ABS. The perfect combination for insane fun and medium distance touring.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

The Tuono V4R

every time.

Once ridden, forever smitten :-)

More punch than sorority fruit bowl.

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

I'd love to buy a new supersport, the Triumph 675 and GSXR600 have both had great write ups but these days the cost of a 600 is just a little to high. Fot the same money you can get a mint second hand litre bike with a few thousand miles on it or a year or two old 600 and have spare cash for trick parts.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I'm bored out of my mind with 4 cylinders now. Awesome on a track, but gets boring unless you gamble your drivers' license everytime you out go for a ride. I'd love to try the Tuono.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

They've certainly got too expensive. I bought a brand new GSXR600K3 for £4999 way back in 2003, compare that to how much are they now and there is no wonder sales are falling. Top it off with naff all torque due to manufacturers chasing top end power figures and they become a chore to ride on the road, unless you scream it above 12k all the time and you can move your left foot quicker than michael flatley!!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Real world terms v's Trends

Yes,sad to say but today's society tends towards `trends' and how one looks rather than how one performs. Same with motorcycles,for which i have myself being culpable on many occasions of choosing the HOT model over plain Jane. In this instance the best bike would be the one most suitable for the individual,but,you can't try before you buy for a month or two to see which is the best,so its hit or miss. The GSX F 650 should be the all rounder here,comfort,price,capability and economy (price and running),but as i mentioned earlier, when you put the GSX F 650 up against the other's on test here, i'm afraid the eye & heart will always have it over the head.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Real World

In the real world, I find myself riding my Honda NT700V a lot more than my Honda CBR600F4i. Maybe a Moto Guzzi V7 for just riding around on the weekends. Or a mid-displacement SuperMoto for hooliganism.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

'real world'

in earlier write ups they called the 2012 CBR1000RR 'real world' now these 'alternatives' are 'real world' as well...so what is real world then? I ride a modified 600rr in the real world!(every single day all year) I would NOT be giving it up  for these things...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

the real world is....

Somewhere between "make Believe" and "Welcome to my world" it exists for those of us that get out during the "Working Week" and avoid the " Round the world adventures" to the local Bike Meet. Real world bikes include the Honda NT700V and various 500 twins, not to mention the awesome Electra Glide if you live in the "Fantasy World"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices