Skip to content

General Accident - Hit from Back by Car Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Accident - Hit from Back by Car

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gj6n68

Aug 12

gj6n68 says:

Accident - Hit from Back by Car

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum and it is sad that it is about the accident.

I was on my VFR last week and wanted to take a right turn on a round about. As I approached the round about, with my right indicator, in right hand side lane, to stop; a car hit me from the back and there I was on the ground.

I have muscular injuries and was taken to A&E but they discharged me on pain killers saying nothing serious. After almost 4 days, I still am not able to lift my arm/shoulder, leg is limping, arm/elbow/wrist hurting, thigh/knee/sheen/calf all in pain.

The guy who hit me informed his insurance company and they called up next day to assure that the car driver accepted his fault and that they (insurance company) would provide compensation for repairing/replacing the motorcycle. I insisted that I want the motorbike repaired as it has sentimental value, to which they said they would repair it if possible, and if not they would let me have the bike along with money as compensation. They have arranged for an engineer to assess the damage coming week. They would also get in touch to compensate for injuries.

Police were on the accident spot and so were ambulance etc.

I am just wondering what would happen next and what should I do ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 August 2012 14:15)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

6 weeks wait

is about normal as they do try to access the long term issues if any.

If you have a sick note from docs then keep a copy for yourself. Even if you are better by the time the independant doc has seen you, you will still get a payout (just not as big as it would be if injuries lasted longer than 6 weeks).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices