Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow

Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow are yet to inform the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team that they will be leaving the French squad at the end of 2012. The hot MotoGP rumour is that Italian Dovizioso has agreed a two-year deal to replace Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory squad next season. And British rider Crutchlow is also believed to be contemplating a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 August 2012 11:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Randy on a Tech 3 mouth watering prospect. I think Dovi to Ducati is as good as done and good luck to him as he will need it big time.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Things are looking up..

With Stoner's departure I was feeling a little glum about next years championship, but it looks as though a number of the Moto 2 young guns are on their way to liven things up!

Benny I agree, Espagaro on an M1 would be a tasty proposition and would spice things up in the Tech 3 garage, although I do feel for Crutchlow - it looks as though both his coveted rides have gone, his only real option being the Satellite Ducati team...

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Surprised...

... that Herve's "previous-better-attitude" hasn't got the better of him already and told them both to sod-off.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Cal

Don't do it.  Dont take a Ducati Ride when you are on what clearly is the best handling bike on the grid.  Will look forward to see what Dovi can do on the Duke and some new riders coming through is always a good thing.

Not sure at this stage how Bradley will do in MotoGP as he has never really cut the mustard in 125's and Moto2.  It will of course go one of two ways.  1, not very well as he has not won a championship yet in the junior ranks such as Rossi, Jorge for example.  Or 2.  Do a Casey where he never done much either in 125 or 250 but we all know what he has done in MotoGP

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Never done much... ?

Err... Stoner was 2nd in the 2005 250cc championships, as for Bradders, he was 2nd in the 2009 125cc championship. (Wiki is your friend...)

Aside, I think Crutchlow would be better suited to the Ducati. He's far more aggressive than Dovi, who's more refined through MotoGP schooling.

Ahh,. but who know's what'll happen with Audi on board... heated seats? Electric mirrors? A quattro engine?...

I've said it once, and I'll say it again... motorcycling sport needs to bin most of the electronics.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

wild

I was just making the comment that they have not been world champions in the lower divisions.  But  thanks to your friend wiki i see you fail to mention years 2002,2003 and 2004 where Stoner finished 12th 8th and 5th in the 125's/250's (only done 2 races in the 125's in 2001) as you point out 2nd on 2005 and 8th in his 1st year on MotoGP

Compare that with Rossi -

year 1 in 125 = 9th - year 2 = 1st

Year 1 in 250 = 2nd - year 2 in 250 = 1st

Year 1 in MotoGP = 2nd - Year 2 in MotoGP = 2nd and 6 more after that

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

i'm looking forward to this season with all the rider changes, but more so towards 2014 when suzuki return. hopefully the gsv-r will be as good (or better) than the competition.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

stay put cal

better off staying put then maybe a works bike the last round???? why not tho if dovi has decided he is better than rossi or can do better.cant do much worse tho really lmfao.

cal and bradders would make a good team imo, and an all british team would interest even more veiwers.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Why thank you for your wonderful assessment, which naturally HAD to include a comparison with, and bettered by, Rossi.

Silly me. I forgot that EVERY race statistic has to be cross-referenced with the Doctor, rather than just heralding the merits of Stoner's and Bradders' past efforts independently, rather than thinking they've "never done much".

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

These guys want to get paid

It's all nice and romantic to think these guys just race for glory, trophies, and for fan entertainment but at the end of the day it's a career for the riders. They need to get paid as much as possible as soon as possible because of small window of a career. There is no "old racers retirement fund" to draw a pension once the racing is over. I'm sure Cal and Dovi aren't getting rich riding for Herve. I read some where that Dovi was making about 90% less riding for Tech 3 than when he was with Honda. For example, if he was making around $2 million for Honda that's about $200K for Tech 3. Yeah that's good money for a working stiff like me but considering Dovi could be injured and career over tomorrow and that his retirement age is vastly lower than a regular Joe, he has to consider his money for the rest of his life. So without I doubt, I'm sure both Dovi and Cal were both eyeing the factory Ducati ride as it would pay a huge amount more than what they are making at Tech 3. Tech 3 was probably at the bottom of the list as they both wanted the factory Yamaha gig and factory Ducati ride.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices