Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 waiting on Dovizioso and Crutchlow

Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow are yet to inform the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team that they will be leaving the French squad at the end of 2012. The hot MotoGP rumour is that Italian Dovizioso has agreed a two-year deal to replace Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory squad next season. And British rider Crutchlow is also believed to be contemplating a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 August 2012 11:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Good point

Raw. Dovi might not make the Duck a winner but he'll get rich trying. Salary there is definitely in the multi millions. And yes, these things DO matter when life and limb is on the line. Tech 3 is a pauper's wage by comparison.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

oops to late!

well, maybe cal should have taken the ducati offer in late june,when they were keen on him,instead of putting them on hold, to see what he might have got from the factory yamaha slot,which was a bit of a long shot anyway,maybe a non shot to be honest, he might have been a well paid ducati rider by now,if he hadda snapped it up, reminds me of rea turning down ducati wsbk ride a few yrs ago ,in favour of the honda ride, ahh hindsight..cal should take the junior ducati ride anyway,and try to become the number one duc rider, a better future in it for him,  in the end.  

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bradley smith

keeps moving the goalposts??????....first it i have a motogp contract with tech3 if i perform well (which he hasn`t)...and then he says i`ve got a signed contract with tech3 next year no matter what happens.....what the hell is going on!!!!!.......i hope he ends with up that ginger twat and another loser and do jack shit.....herve has the best 2 performing riders he has ever had....and he pissing about giving a kid that`s done fuk all a contract a year n advance...who paid herve for that then

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

whatever happens

It's a joke that riders like Cal and Dovi don't have any real worthy options,The grids are pathetic and the show very poor in terms of depth of field but for once there are riders capable of upsetting the form books and we are again doomed to see possibly three or four potential winners/podium performers ,when this is the case can anyone really be "world champion" as such ? ,something should be done and its not crt ,this years factory bikes should be sold on or leased to other teams ,on top of that tyre manufacturers should be allowed to compete as they used to ,it always was that one tyre suited different machines ,it maybe something as silly as that, that is wrong with the Ducati,It's all political and money driven ,Maybe Stoners motives for retiring are not as silly as it first seems

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Cal's frustration.

What a piss poor situation when Cal could be left hanging. No surprise he is dragging his feet giving Herve confirmation he will stay. It was only a couple of races ago Cal was almost having to accept he would be forced out what with Smith coming-in and Dovi performing well. How things change quickly. Dovi will get his desired works ride with Ducati, Which we know Cal wanted and suddenly Herve is real keen to hang-on to Cal. Very frustrating in MotoGP, so few winning machines. Best option for Cal????? Must be stay where he is. It's a Yam, and he needs to get his money out of those 60 grand brakes he had to shell-out for.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Stay Cal

Cal's best option is to stay put, good chance Dovi's got the Duke and that will screw him up, Dovi had only really just settled on the Yamaha, and with 'Granny' Smith wasting a top Yamaha ride, Cal will look a hero next year with a team mate like Smith, who's an absolute dick on a Moto2 bike.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

simon...

you're right, both of the tech 3 riders have done really well.  I think herve has been a little caught out, he should not have signed up smith so soon, but it sounds like smith has a done deal.  his option to keep both riders is not an option if smith's deal is done.  redding is waiting in the wings if dovi and cal goes elsewhere, smith and redding in the same team...now that's a thought.

cornbowl you're out a line regarding smith, that bike is not at the moment, in any shape or form on the same level as the 1000cc machines, if you want proof just look at his team mates results.  i think smith is doing his best with what he's got and herve knows it.

like i said the most exciting thing about motogp is the politics not the racing, leave that to the WSBK boys.

Yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

benny V the big bang theory

Give it a rest ,your constant bleating about Cal and your own colonic irrigation of Dovi is pathetic,tick which box applies ,you are A single ,B agrophobic,C a widow,D,living with your mum ,The spotty one is a decent rider but has had very good kit under him for many years before ,Honda gave him a fair shot and if he goes to Ducati then he does, but I can't see him doing better than on a factory Honda can you ?,so on that basis ,Is he a young rider on the up or one of the recycled ones saying if only ?,Benny have a night out,after all you only work on sundays and thats to an ever decreasing flock ,Science has proven that you talk bollocks has it not.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

airbornetrooper

"smith and redding in the same team...now that's a thought."

But little chance of it happening realistically, because Herve will pick Pol E. over Scott. And little wonder when - objectively - he's the rider showing greater promise right now. Not to mention his personal sponsorship deal with Monster...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Hurry up Crutchlow

Hurry up Crutchlow and sign with Tech 3. Now that the jig-saw pieces are being fitted in here and there with Marquez going to Honda and Rossi going to Yamaha, I think he needs to hurry up a little before the jig-saw is complete. Tech 3 is a competitive package and as shown this year its not a million miles off the Factory team. I hope he dosen't go to Ducati as I fear for his future in MotoGP in the long-run.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices