Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding unsure of Ducati MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding unsure of Ducati MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding unsure of Ducati MotoGP future

Scott Redding remains in the dark about whether an encouraging MotoGP debut on a factory Ducati GP12 at Mugello earlier this month will secure the British teenager the chance to take on Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi in 2013. Redding completed a successful two-day test for Ducati recently with a view to the Gloucestershire rider stepping up from the Moto2 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 August 2012 11:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

Cal

I remember folk saying the same of a certain Carl Fogarty in 1992, when he was 27 years old. He went on to become the most successful WSB rider ever. In britain the way it is structured you are 27 before you even get noticed by the top teams. Cal can still do it if he gets a chance.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Now Benny,..

..I think you need to be fair on this one, your dislike of Crutchlow is clouding your vision!

He hasn't even had a full 2 seasons in Moto GP and you're already asking the guy to step aside! Cal's done well this year, so far not as well as your boy Dovi, granted, but he's still 5th in the championship on a satellite bike, and that's no mean feat.

I don't think this is the time to be calling for Crutchlow to be stepping aside, there's far worthier names in that regard than the boy from Coventry..

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Redding

Ducati need a young rider like Redding that can invest a couple of years in getting the bike up to speed.  Cal and Dovi need results and they'll probably get better ones at Tech 3.  Although Dovi had a factory ride with Honda and couldn't deliver the goods.  Problem for Cal is that Dovi is a better rider at the moment and unless Cal can start beating Dovi I can't see him going much further in GP racing.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Isn't Crutchlow's rumoured offer based on a full Duke factory ride the following year, 2014(?) - giving that Hayden's only re-signed a year contract, kinda makes sense.

Don't quite get this "junior team" melark either. Just seems to be a rebranded "rookie-rule", which everyone was complaining about!?

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

RevBenny

The main intention of the Ducati Junior team isn't to nurture young talent, (though that might be the spin that's occasionally put on it) but to speed up development of the factory bike by making more of them available. 

From Ducati boss Alessandro Cicognani: "The main goal is to have a more competitive bike. In this scenario, we are thinking that the satellite team could be a help to achieve more effective results more quickly for the factory team." 

Taking that into consideration, signing a MotoGP rider like Crutchlow who has useful experience of a different MotoGP machine makes far more sense than signing some young Moto2 hotshot who will take the best part of a year to adjust to MotoGP. That's not going to feedback much into development at all. 

That's why the slots in the Junior Team have been offered to Iannone and Crutchlow, who will provide a good mix of experience and aggression - a far more sensible option than 2 inexperienced Moto2 guys.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

better option would be to stay at tech 3. He isnt a big enough name to get a decent ride after 2 years of failure at ducati. Is a satelite honda not an option for him? dont see why not, with bautista not really being up to scratch this season

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I was sledging Cal pre-season

But I think he's proved me wrong, perhaps his great start to the season was in contrast to Dovi getting his head around the M1 but he's done about as much as you could for hope so far. He still has plenty of opportunities to grab a podium before seasons end.

The bigger question is, what's going on at Ducati? From an outsider layman position they don't appear to know what they're doing on a few levels and decisions and the implementation thereof seems to be a bit slipshod. I'm guessing that a large part of it all was waiting for Mr Rossi to make his mind up but now that he has you'd expect Ducati to be all over it. If I was Scott Redding I'd be questioning the need to offer my services to a company that can't make decisions.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Dovi v Crutchlow

My thinking is Dovi has peaked, 3 years on the best Honda and now half a year on the Yamaha, he's won one race in that time and that was weather affected.

Cal is still learning, he's a year and a half behind Dovi ... i reckon Cal is a better bet for Ducati but from chasing Cal originally it seems the good old Italian loyalty is showing again, Dovi will do nothing on the Ducati, if Cal stays @ Tech3 he'll whoop his spotty Italian ass every race next year,. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

yam vs ducati

cal will beat dovi on the ducati no worries, but the duke vs the duke, that would be close to call as we dont know what they are capable of on it.

reading showed promise that only suggests new meant is the way to go but ducati will have to be carefull not to pick the wrong name as to investment. hayden staying has not helped, but with the highest results for the team this year and last that is the only reason why he is staying and of course usa ducati, rossi really has been lucky out of all of this du cati ive been in the dream not team deal.

best of luck to all next season.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

benny

i saw a dovi dildo on ebay the other day, do you want the link???

but on a serious note,iv been away for a few weeks and not suprised at this news but can dovi turn casey old bike not rossi's back to a front runner? id say yes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices