Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

Andrea Dovizioso isn’t nervous or daunted at the prospect of replacing compatriot Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. The Italian is hotly tipped to pen a two-year deal to replace Rossi after the nine-times world champion decided to quit Ducati at the end of the season to re-join Yamaha in 2013. Rossi is the highest profile rider to fail...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 August 2012 13:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

uh oh!!!

"Maybe Casey was misleading on the bike "

jesus ducati really know how to show apriciation to a worthy winnner, they will start slagging capo and gibernau off next to make it fair, casey won on the irhgt bike and tyres simple, rossi has not tried to win on what they give him he tried and the team to change it to a more wussy effort, the result, nothing simply nothing, waste of time money data veiwing ect ect .

new meat is the way forward.

but no1 will ever ride this pony like casey did. amen.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good luck Italian no 3.

I look forward to next year Italian no 3 trying his luck on the finicky Ducati RevBenny dream on bud Dovi beat Rossi and Lorenzo to the line at Mugello in 2013.

Maybe just maybe Dovi is the type of rider Ducati needs for his sake I hope he does not turn out to be the next Melandri on the Duke.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

He should be okay

Dovi's not likely to do any worse than Rossi or Hayden on the D16. He's also a year younger than Stoner and Pedrosa. He's been at the forefront for so long it seems he's a lot older. Its not too far away,the Valencia 2 day test when they all swap seats. Now if Dovi gets the D16 up to within about a half a second of the usual suspects in his first outing on the bike it will be a very good omen for him and Ducati heading into 2013. I don't see one reason why not. Another 3 months or so will tell us something. Now all he has to do is confirm the deal.

Reply to this Topic
DocDanson

Apr 11

DocDanson says:

No.3 ??? YamahaGYTR

Loving Your comments mate but surely it's 4 isn't it? Capirossi, Melandri, Rossi then maybe Dovi.

Either way gonna be interesting next year. As long as the duke is up the front again and the crt's close the gap. Could/hopefully be a cracking season.

Would love Vale/JB to produce the goods again, Can't see why they wouldn't as tough as it's gonna be.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Dovi not the man for factory Ducati

Dovi...all do respect to this man, but he's not the man to take them forward, had his chance on a Honda and didn't win....sure he's getting good results on the Tech bike, but so is Cal in only his second season.  Redding would be my pick, young hungry and talented, and there wouldn't be any clashing of ego's with Hayden.  Cal could find himself back in BSB if he's not careful,  Dovi to WSBK to ride with the WSBK boys, that's where the real racing is anyway, let's see if his unflustered riding style unfold when he's got jonny rae sniping at his heels.

Yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Free of the shackles

Shadows ! Repsol Spain. Rossi/Simo ! Italy. Honda and Yamaha to boot. Now all we need to await is the complaints about the Desmo's top speed advantage next year ! Last I heard the the thing was a POS,eh? Milky. POS Ducati ? The Dorna take is to cut the rev limit. Why ? Ducati Desmo can deal with it. Its mechanical. 

Who am I to complain ? Shortest stroke in the bible...'Jesus wept'. 

Exploit it Dovi. George had it on the Aprilia. Shoe is on the other foot.

As for whiner,I do hope he acknowleges his failure at Ducati.

Footnote : Wosi and Hugs are reasonably quiet for a change. By now I figured they would be crucifying Preziosi. Whats up ? Couldn't be bothered I guess. Stalking Furasawa right now,I guess.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Thanks Doc more like Capirossi, Rossi, Dovi and Melandri I say the rider expected to join is number 3 due to the fact Marco had a massive disaster during his short unhappy time at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Oh Jorge the legend is back, good luck your gonna need it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"As for the whiner.."

To be fair bootlicker, Casey did reasonably well on that POS inbetween monitor in charge of gravel inspection duties.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Gets beneath the pores.

Dovi got the 3rd ride he wanted (after Yammy and Honda).  I really hope the Italian with no personality and an acute need for Clerasil can turn the fortunes around.  Yet, I am struggling to comprehend what he can bring to the table that 3 World Champions (premier class) cannot? Maybe he drives an S4 and will do a functional overlay of the front wheel feedback (minus 1).  Or maybe he just wants a contract with 7 numbers in it?  Best of luck Andrea (nice name).  As for Cal.... Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices