Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

Andrea Dovizioso isn’t nervous or daunted at the prospect of replacing compatriot Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. The Italian is hotly tipped to pen a two-year deal to replace Rossi after the nine-times world champion decided to quit Ducati at the end of the season to re-join Yamaha in 2013. Rossi is the highest profile rider to fail...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 August 2012 13:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

To be fair to the whingy yellow streak

he's done extremely poorly on the Ducati inbetween regular gravel trap inspections.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Whingy yellow streak?

Will dovi do any better than Rossi, I don't think so, also if I was cal I'd stay at Yamaha , what difference would it make to stay at tech 3, at least it's a very competitive bike where as the Ducati isn't ,it still neds development,if burgess can't Make it work, then there's not much hope on it getting better,alo don't write off Rossi just yet

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

@bluehaze.

Step forward Gabbarini and co those guys can make the Duke work IMO.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Career wrecker

The Ducati has wrecked three great riders' careers. Valentino hasn't won a race since leaving Yamaha. Hayden has never looked like a consistent threat since leaving HRC. Casey could quite feasibly have won twice as many championships by now had he not been lumbered with the 'red devil'. Casey gave up on the Desmo, the man they call the GOAT couldn't fix it, and another one time world champ has had no significant success either. And if they can't do it, Andrea definitely can't do it.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

no one can do it on the ducati now..... a new bike cant be far off.. they have the money, they lost their star...now they have to keep making new bikes until they win...or quit now

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I note in mild surprise and amusement, that you are now posting on Motomatters.

Indeed, the crafty and cunning use of the very same 'YamahaGYTR' identity nearly slipped past me - but not quite.

But fear not my child - for your secret is indeed safe with me. 

Are you a member on the motomatters site ?

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

THIS IS THE MASTER

Maybe Casey was misleading on the bike because his talent was so high he could cover the limits of the bike.

now everybody ADMIT and bow to stoner about his skill. EVEN ROSSI CANN'T MATCH HIS SKILL!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

"Maybe Casey was misleading on the bike because his talent was so high he could cover the limits of the bike. Ducati have the confidence of Audi and if they keep pushing they will get there. AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!

absolutely love the backlash this thread is getting already just from the last two sentences of the article!! HAHA! As usual, the yellow panty brigade just cannot fathom anyone showing an ounce of admiration for anyone other than the lanky, yellow reptile.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

RevBenny..

Dovi seems totally at odds with your personality...discuss?

Or maybe he isn't - perhaps in civilian clothes you're a crushing bore too?..

Just a thought.. 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Despite the risk of upsetting Benny

I have to say if that's what Dovi and his manager think then good luck to them coz they'll need it. I get the impression Dovi is more Rossi-like than Stoner-like as a rider, indeed not too disimilar to Marco Melandri either. I don't think Dovi will be Ducati's new messiah, he might not be a very naughty boy either, and I fear for his health and sanity although I'm sure Ducati have already block booked some trick cyclist sessions for him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices