Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso not nervous about potential Ducati switch

Andrea Dovizioso isn’t nervous or daunted at the prospect of replacing compatriot Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. The Italian is hotly tipped to pen a two-year deal to replace Rossi after the nine-times world champion decided to quit Ducati at the end of the season to re-join Yamaha in 2013. Rossi is the highest profile rider to fail...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 August 2012 13:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Benny

I've just got off the phone to T.Bayliss and he says "bollocks" not sure if that's a coded message but he said you'd understand. Henry Winkler Italian? I've just asked Jeeves and he said "bollocks". Love you xxx

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Stoner....

.... was the best thing to happen at Ducati. Young, bold, fast and fearless. Bring on Scott R! The new breed are the only guys with this outlook and maybe they and only they will conquer the Red Peril!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

BBB

Agreed with triple B, young & brash is way forward for Ducati and GP in general. Scott pulled off a sub 1:50 at Mugello on his first outing (mind you he did 127 laps which is 3 days worth of a normal track day allowance). As cool as the Ice Man is, his style is too like Rossi's (as stated below - hence his uber fast adaptation to the M1). Cal is better suited to that Duke and which Brit wouldn't pay to see Redding get his UK version of Spies Elbows in Marquez face in the premier class? 2014 will be the best year yet once Rizla return and BMW jump up from CRT. GP is back on the up fellas.... Come forward and Drink wine said the lord. No worries said Gazza.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Stick someone new on it!

Dovi won 1 race on a repsol Honda over 3 years and that was a wet donnington, I'd rather see Ducati take a punt at putting redding on the works kit than dovi who simply just isn't going to beat Rossi or Lorenzo, no matter what kit they give him, at least redding will ride it like he stole it and give 100% commitment, not like Rossi or dovi who have being pampered with silky smooth power deliverys and perfect chassis balance blah blah blah. The duke is a wild bull n if stoner jumped on it tomorrow I'd bet he'd b winning races straight away, actually give jonny rea the ride, he's the man for the job!

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Motoking

Maybe Casey was misleading on the bike because his talent was so high he could cover the limits of the bike.

you my friend should be on  stage with jokes like that

everyone knows it was the tyres

keep them coming tho they do make me laugh :-)

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

overated

just as is pedrosa, at least cal has a world title on a 4 stroke. cant argue with that one.

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

Dovi - be afraid....very afraid

Dovi will try his best but unless Ducati are prepared to forgo their 'holy grail' of engine design they will all struggle. this has all the hallmarks of desperation on the part of Ducati as perhaps they can't find anyone else mug enough to try and tame the beast. hayden has been resigned just to ensure that they do manage to have one bike actually finish a race, albeit in with the crt boys. Take a couple of years out Ducati and come back with a brand new design!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dovi on the Duke

He'll do exactly what he has done in this class so far...........OK. He's no 'alien' (along with many) but a fantastic rider all the same. I wish him all the best.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rev

I don't think Dovi has 'large' balls but a 'fair pair'. He is currently fast enough and reliable enough to do a good  job at Ducati. The uprated brakes at Tech3 show he's no mug and is willing to 'put his money where his mouth is' as apposed to 'putting his ego where the money is'. I've no doubt he'll improve their results.

I'm looking forward to it tbh bud.  

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

4th

"What Andrea has said in the past when asked what he thought about the Ducati is that at the moment it is not a bike to think about if you want to win.

That'd suit him then, 6 seasons and only one win (in the dodgy conditions at Donington). I like Dovi but whatever bike he get's on he's never going to do better than his normal 4th in the championship.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices