Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha

Valentino Rossi has told Yamaha he wants to return to a factory YZR-M1 machine in 2013 with his current crew supporting him. The Italian will end a dismal spell with Ducati at the end of 2012 after signing a two-year deal to re-join Yamaha next season. As expected, Rossi has expressed a desire to Yamaha management to bring his entire technical crew,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 August 2012 16:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

let him have them

They are obviously a dream team! ,They should be ok as long as Jorge doesn't mind sharing his data,After all why should he, Vale was always the perfect sport and team mate wasn't he ?,Ever heard the saying be careful who you upset on the way up because you may well meet them on the way down ,just a thought ,but seriously give vale all he asks for we want no excuses or room for them

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

Somehow I don't see Ducati objecting in the slightest to seeing the back of the most overhyped team in motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Beer&Darts

If there is a design flaw in the  machine (Ducati), then no amount of tweaking and setup by Burgess will get it to run right. That is all down to the Ducati development team.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

There is no doubt Ducati wanted Rossi to stay on due to the fact that they offered him another contract.

Now he's gone however, I can't see that they will be at all interested in keeping his crew. I got the impression they were only there because Rossi would have made it a term of his contract they went with him. No Rossi, no job.

Be interesting to see what Yamaha do about this. It could give insight to why they had him back - the money he brings with no real interest in him winning, or are they really interested in giving him what he needs to win races, when Lorenzo is number 1 rider - supposedly.

If they say no, make do with what we give you, then you would suspect the former. If they let him have his entourage, then expect fireworks and a bomb proof wall in the gargage

Could be fun.

There's also the issue of whether Burgess has had enough and just wants to go home.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good point Bulto.

Interesting thought JB having enough and wanting to go home I'd be amazed if he (Burgess) turned his back on Rossi but I doubt it the development god will convince him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

Burgess wanted to retire ages ago, but Rossi talked him out of it. But seeing that it is back to Yamaha and Burgess had many good years there, he might just want to see what the M1 is like after 2 years away.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Do keep up singed wings

This 'design flaw' of yours has been fixed. The lanky yellow puke won't be on board 2013.

Burgess very measured in his response to MCN. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he hangs up his clipboard. He has been noticably disgruntled with Rossi's performance at times during their Ducati debacle.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Nostro

Keep dreaming keep dreaming JB and co will be there next year back to where the majic all happened I mean they got the yam to where it is now so why not go back and benefit from its good points

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

Exactly the sort of moronic response I'd expect from you. But judging by most of your comments you are still of school age, so when the holidays finish, hopefully we won't hear from you at this sort of time because you will be tucked up in bed with your teddy.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

where's your GOD DAMN HARD HAT..!?

Although not as disgruntled as Gabbarini and crew in 2010 at having to put in hours of overtime rebuilding GP10's while dodging low flying 30mm snap-on spanners hurled by their rider..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices