Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi wants crew to join him back at Yamaha

Valentino Rossi has told Yamaha he wants to return to a factory YZR-M1 machine in 2013 with his current crew supporting him. The Italian will end a dismal spell with Ducati at the end of 2012 after signing a two-year deal to re-join Yamaha next season. As expected, Rossi has expressed a desire to Yamaha management to bring his entire technical crew,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 August 2012 16:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

RevBenny

Thank you for your kind words! I hope Rossi does well at Yamaha but I don't think it's going to be that much easier there for him, as perhaps he thinks. In my opinion, Rossi "lost it" 2 years ago when Lorenzo started to get the better of him and he then broke his leg. Don't think he has recovered, mentally, from all of that. Time will tell, of course! As everyone knows and can see, Rossi is doing nothing for Ducati and to remain there the rest of the year is a bit of a waste of time, for everyone. He's single handed, well perhaps Burgess has helped!I don't know, done nothing for Ducati but changed so much for nothing in trying to convert it into a Yamaha. The best thing Ducati can do with this bike, the sooner the better, is bin it and continue where they left of with their development of CF as it's obvious to everyone that the great twin spar aluminium Yamaha chassis that Rossi so craved for, doesn't do anything!! Rossi seemed to think that he knew more than Ducati and now, as it turns out, he didn't. The sad thing about all of this is that, it would appear, we, Ducati fans, have to endure the rest of the season with Rossi uncommitted to Ducati. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

"saturn392"

erm.."falling to bits" you mean a wingarm broke that cause him to crash. all the other poor results from spies have either come from him crashing himself or tyre troubles. maybe he has had a unlucky year but when things have gone wrong he hasnt exactly been fighting for the win or the podium. Rossi will jump on that bike, change his riding style back again and become an instant title contender after the first couple of winter tests.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Why

Does he need JB?

There are other riders who have won races and titles without JB in their crew you know

Rossi has skill, talent and a great racer. If he has a competitive bike he will ride it fast. The M1 is a competitive bike, probably the most rounded bike out there. In Lorenzo's hands it is winning and has been winning since he got on it in 2008 - without JB - remember the wall and data sharing.

The bike is competitive without JB. Rossi knows what he wants from a bike, the M1 has it. Any competent crew can set the bike up how he wants if he is telling them - we're not talking a re-engineering excercise here.

Rossi can win races without his current crew. I believe.

If he can't - it will cut another branch off the myth tree - but I believe he can.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

You guys ever remember this what Rossi said when he came up to MotoGP in 2000.

I will not race in this class if I don't have Jerry Burgess has my crew chief.

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

"Eddy998"

your obviously a Ducati fan but dont get yourself carried away matey. the twin bar aluminum chassis is a awesome piece of engineering to suit the yamaha's in line 4 cylinder engine. however... Ducati dont run a in line 4 so its complicated. basically how i see it is that Ducati dont want to alter its famous v engine it runs. understandable... but the carbon airbox bolt everything to the engine fuck up it ran didnt work either. so where are they now... the jap bikes run successful aluminum chassis that bend and flex to give added grip at full lean angle but ducati cant do this because of its engine configurations. rock and a hard place... either ditch the engine and try in line 4 with aluminum chassis or go back to nobody being able to turn the bike on lean as casey stoner showed us many times during 2008,09,10.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

to be human

What is the matter with some on here?! I have never known such a bunch who seem to remember, obsess and quote so many phrases that people once said and remember them forever as though written in stone. We are all allowed to change our minds aren’t we and have other opinions – isn’t that what a forum is all about?

Rossi seems to get slaughter by some on here for stuff he has done or supposedly said to others in his career – and yet the very same people who find that behaviour so objectionable say things on here a hell of a lot worse! Suppose double standards are also part of being humans. I find it a bit strange to put up a quote Rossi said 12 years ago and not think he might have changed his mind at all in that time. Age and experience, it’s just part of life’s changes. Why such a big deal?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

I think

Just like casey was flooded with a good feeling switching from ducati to honda, i think rossi will also experience almost orgasmic levels of feeling and sensitivity jumping back on yamaha. After confidence draining duke the sweet yam will once again sing with the great one. Rossi will be competitive from the get go

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Jorge

Is not showing as much hate to Rossi as the 15 Stoner fans around the world, wander why that is a!!!!  Here is a quote from Jorge

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lorenzo, who has spent part of the summer break at Colin Edwards' Boot Camp, told the BBC::

“It's a big motivation to have him back because I always like to have the best riders in my garage. Valentino is one of them. I assume trying to beat me will be a big motivation for him.”

Lorenzo - who finished fourth, second and then first in the championship while riding alongside Rossi from 2008-2010 - added that the Italian shouldn't be underestimated after two tough seasons a Ducati.

"Someone who has talent normally keeps it and doesn't lose it like this in two years," he said. "He is still young enough. He is 33, he has won a lot of races. With the Yamaha a better bike this year, it will be easier for him.

"It's true that us younger riders are getting stronger, more experienced and more consistent, but we have to remember that Valentino has won a lot of races. We have to respect that and keep it in mind."

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Instead of your obviously biased comparison - why don't you compare the attitude of Rossi towards Lorenzo when Lorenzo joined Rossi at Yamaha

Hardly with the same grace was it...

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Butboy

We is never going to agree as we support different riders.  I am disappointed that Rossi never managed to  win on the Duke it has to be said.  And we Jo puplic will never know the real reason for that as only Rossi and Ducati know the real facts behind the failed project.  Is you a Stoner fan by any chance!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices