Ask an Expert Radiator fan Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Radiator fan

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nc30netherton

Feb 11

Radiator fan

Hi guys do Hornet 600's have a radiator fan? something to keep it cool while in standing traffic, because I went on the plymouth megaride on sunday which was brilliant, 4000 bikes apparantly:shock:, and my bike was right up in the red on the temperature gauge and I had to keep turning it off at every chance so it didnt overheat, however everyone else seemed to be ok, just wondering if ive got a fan buts its not working or something, coolants been changed recently and as far as I know theres no blockages. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 August 2012 11:19)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda 600 Hornet YEAR?

Hi nc30netherton

I wish you would always put the year of your bike,i think its a 2002? but it is important as and models change by the years.

Yes your bike does have a radiator fan to keep it cool,the temperature gauge should go to the red(but not deep into it) before the fan comes on,i know it hasn't got a read out on your clocks,but it would go to 95-110c before coming on anyway.Your fan is bolted to the back of the radiator and has three wires,one single is an earth bolted to the radiator another single wire goes to the temperature sender(single female spade connector) and a double positive and negative wire goes into the main loom.You will need to check first that the fan can be turned by hand freely to make sure it hasn't seized( if its seized you will need to replace it),if it hasn't take a twin core wire long enough to reach from the battery to the fan,connect to the pos-neg wires to the fan making sure they don't touch to cause a short,the connect to the battery.If the fan runs there is a problem with the sender or the earth,clean the earth,if it still doesn't run its the sender   

fan

temp-sender

Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
nc30netherton

Feb 11

thanks mate its 2004, ill get it looked at

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

fan

hi nc30 i used to have a hornet and i got a stone stuck in the fan jamming it up easy removed and all was ok , try to spin fan by hand to see if free(ignition off)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices